"RoboCop Returns" directed by Neill Blomkamp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't remember anything about the first one, so I guess it's only mandatory that we need another.

Last edited:
:lol:lol:lol

Neil Blomkamp's check list...

Aliens - nope :gah:
Terminator - nope :gah:
Mad Max - nope :gah:
Ghostbusters - nope :gah:
Pee Wee's Big Adventure 2 - nope :gah:

Robocop - :pray:

Third Joker movie - (TBD)

xGE6mHa.gif

I don't mind it, to be honest. Robocop 3 sucked, and part 2 wasn't all that great either, so another Robocop film with the original actor can't be that bad. As long as they don't change the suit....at least not until the end of the film, anyways.

Because the first reboot did so well? The problem with these reboots is that they modernize classic 80s films and don't realize that that is part of what makes them so amazing.

"Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner are producing and exec producing, respectively. Justin Rhodes, who co-wrote the Terminator film that Tim Miller is shooting, will rewrite the script that Neumeier and Miner wrote years ago as a planned sequel to Verhoeven’s hit."

"Verhoeven felt at the time that making one would be de classe and he wasn’t interested in the politics of a sequel."

Do they even read this crap before posting? Am I supposed to get excited for an 80's script that Verhoeven didn't want to film? And that script now gets rewritten by a no-one who probably was brought in to make it more "modern" and SJW? Are they for real with these news?!

"Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner are producing and exec producing, respectively. Justin Rhodes, who co-wrote the Terminator film that Tim Miller is shooting, will rewrite the script that Neumeier and Miner wrote years ago as a planned sequel to Verhoeven’s hit."

"Verhoeven felt at the time that making one would be de classe and he wasn’t interested in the politics of a sequel."

Do they even read this crap before posting? Am I supposed to get excited for an 80's script that Verhoeven didn't want to film? And that script now gets rewritten by a no-one who probably was brought in to make it more "modern" and SJW? Are they for real with these news?!

The new Robocop will have a v****a and will fight against guns. The villain will look like Trump and he's working for a Russian bad guy, played by Mickey Rourke.

fQuCdik.gif

...and strike 3.

CFdkXOd.gif

tenor.gif

Doubt it happens. Blomkamp gets rejected more than a fat kid at Homecoming.

:lol:lol:rotfl

:lecture:lecture:lecture :goodpost:

The sequels were "meh," and the remake was an unflushable turd...with a human hand. Why do we need yet another sequel? If Follywood spent as much time developing an original script/property as they do bouncing around these old properties to new development teams every 6 months or so, maaaaaaaybe they could come up with something new and inspired vs. dip into a dry well and then whine when the bucket comes up empty?

The sequels were "meh," and the remake was an unflushable turd...with a human hand. Why do we need yet another sequel? If Follywood spent as much time developing an original script/property as they do bouncing around these old properties to new development teams every 6 months or so, maaaaaaaybe they could come up with something new and inspired vs. dip into a dry well and then whine when the bucket comes up empty?

I think they’re too scared to make something entirely new and different

This suits Blomkamp's sensibilities to a T.

But I'm so sick of Sharlto Copley... and not seeing him as Robocop.

BTW: SHUT THE HELL UP! The Nam is back!??? Is that the actual Nam, not a fraud?

Back