Sideshow 1:6 Yoda (ESB)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svnmelter

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
previewbanner_YodaFigure_large_2018.jpg

Attachments

• 36731558_10209650185410472_2195981684267024384_n.jpg
    36731558_10209650185410472_2195981684267024384_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 532
  • 36661737_10209650191210617_1160254229256863744_n.jpg
    36661737_10209650191210617_1160254229256863744_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 533
Last edited:
Who at Sideshow honestly believes this is a good idea? I mean Hot Toys released theirs not very long ago and it’s stayed available for a long period of time after release. What makes them think their version will sell any better? Especially now that there’s a second version of Yoda coming from Hot Toys. Not from the same film but still. Seems like a boneheaded move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who at Sideshow honestly believes this is a good idea? I mean Hot Toys released theirs not very long ago and it’s stayed available for a long period of time after release. What makes them think their version will sell any better? Especially now that there’s a second version of Yoda coming from Hot Toys. Not from the same film but still. Seems like a boneheaded move.

Not sure but it's pretty funny :lol

Holding my HT esb Yoda up to the screen next to it - not even close. Its a good Yoda but nah, Im keeping my hot toys figure easy. Even if they have the hut, snake, dirty r2 as accessories. But if they also add a 1:6 X-wing.. hmmm...

If they go for PERS it will make sense!

The only thing that may come of this that could be cool is if they re-release his hut. Even then though knowing what they charge now days for just a figure I can only imagine how much a diorama piece would be.

I dunno he looks pretty good. I have both original SS and HT. This could allow for the ultimate Yoda bash. We’ll see in a week and half. Comic con can’t come soon enough too. Will be great to see the SS booth in person. Can’t wait.

Yeah, this will definitely sell out at the $250 price point Sideshow is bound to put it out.

The Hot Toys version is actually still available. I thought it finally sold out but just checked and it’s there. They’re offering free shipping too so obviously they’re trying to get rid of it. I’m not sure who makes the decisions at Sideshow half the time.

I love how SS and HT are going at it. Better for us consumers. Looks like SS is making a decent effort, but I'm HT exclusive now, SS had too many failed figures

Looks a decent effort from that one picture, but as we all know with SSC what you see in the proto pics isn’t what you actually get.

Yeah. Weird choice. You would think with their Jabba coming soon they could start teasing some aliens like Ree-Yees or Yak Face. Hell, even 2.0 Bib Fortuna or Gamorrean Guard would make more sense. I’d easily go for those. Oh well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i started collecting 1/6 about the time it was starting to take off 10 years ago - it has really exploded in popularity and profitability. i'm afraid sideshow and hot toys persuing the same releases is going to over saturate the market instead of driving growth through competition. the competing products only seem to be pushing price points higher. this is not good business, my friends.

The Hot Toys version is actually still available. I thought it finally sold out but just checked and it’s there. They’re offering free shipping too so obviously they’re trying to get rid of it. I’m not sure who makes the decisions at Sideshow half the time.

Ask Greg, Sideshow CEO... The man behind this mess...

Greg Anzalone family.jpg

Looks decent enough, but the true test of a 1/6 Yoda sculpt is the straight-on view. Nearly all 1/6 Yodas look good from the 3/4 view.

I'm not sure any company has ever really nailed ESB Yoda's look, including HT (though their closed-eyes sculpt was very close) with its somewhat "chubby" look, so I'm interested to see if this one could be it. That being said, this sculpt reminds me a bit of a better detailed/painted version of the Hasbro POTJ 12" Yoda (Luke two-pack,) so that's probably not a great start.

This is a little ridiculous. The hot toys yoda is still available and is really good, imo. What a cash grab and we know it will be at least $200. The pics of the aotc yoda are good too. What is ss thinking? I’m strictly ht now unless ss releases rare aliens ht will never do, Like ree yees or Ponda.
Ss is like an ex girlfriend who makes questionable life choices after the relationship ends.

The Hot Toys Yoda is a steaming pile of liquid dog *****.

I'm open to this. I'm sure it will be stupid priced like the Hot Toys but I bet it will come with more stuff and the accessories won't be undersized. Looks promising from the photo.

Worth a try. As a few have mentioned already, Hot Toys ESB Yoda is a pretty bad attempt at Yoda. The likeness is terrible. The body, tailoring, and cheap diorama base rubbed more salt into the wound.

Back