Media Blacksad: Under the Skin (PS4/XboxOne/Switch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seph Stampede

Super Freak
Reaction score
Publisher Microids and developers Pendulo Studios and YS Interactive have announced that Blacksad: Under the Skin, which was first announced in June 2017, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and Mac in 2019.

Here is an overview of the game, via Microids:

About

Blacksad: Under the Skin is based on the world of the comic book series Blacksad, created by Juan Diaz Canales and Juanjo Guarnido and published by Dargaud.

For the first time, players will be able to see their hero John Blacksad in 3D, along with some of the game’s settings: the boxing club where his investigation begins or an alley in the city of New York, as imagined by Pendulo Studios and YS Interactive.

As part of this novelesque exclusive adventure, players will play the private detective John Blacksad, a cynical, seductive and nonchalant anthropomorphic cat.

“We want the player to discover all sides of John Blacksad’s complex personality and choose the one he wants to be,” said Pendulo Studios game designer Josue Monchan in a press release.

Story

In 1950s New York, Joe Dunn, the owner of a humble boxing club is found hanged. At the same time, Robert Yale, his protege and greatest hope, is reported missing. Although overwhelmed by these terrible events, Joe Dunn’s daughter, Sonia, decides to continue working towards her father’s dreams: she takes over the boxing club and calls on John Blacksad to investigate this mysterious disappearance. It’s the eve of the fight of the year and the club, which is in serious financial difficulties, will not survive Robert’s withdrawal. The investigation will lead John Blacksad to the very heart of a world in which corruption reigns supreme.

Blacksad-Under-the-Skin_2018_06-26-18_003.jpg

Blacksad-Under-the-Skin_2018_06-26-18_004.jpg

Blacksad-Under-the-Skin_2018_06-26-18_002.jpg

Gotta say, pretty damn excited. No word on what the gameplay is like, but at this point I'll take anything.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/blacksad-under-the-skin-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-in-2019

Whoa. This is totally left field for me. I remember reading some of these books a while back. Can't begin to say how much I highly recommend them. Will be keeping a close eye on this one... :pray:

WHAAAAATTT I really like the comicbook! The world similar to Zootopia, but the theme is darker. I even sculpted the head of Blacksad, never finished it though

The fact that we're getting any Blacksad content beyond the comic is amazing. I suspect this is going to follow the Telltale Games formula.

I haven't read the comics, but this looks very intriguing... I'm keeping an eye on it for sure.

I have seen this picture before but never played this. This is so amazing that this is going to play on the many different consoles. The picture looks awesome.

Back