Statue Iron Studios Thanos 1/4 Legacy Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivingdutchman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like we should expect something at SDCC. Can't wait!

Pic from their Instagram.

649326f5e6cb9d2850e99564f3a32e04.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn it I really want this..... probably..... as I've bought every MCU piece since their AOU pieces.

But like many others I'm out of display space.

With the recent flop of sideshow this piece will be a good pick up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With the recent flop of sideshow this piece will be a good pick up.

Well imo Sideshow has never really been all that successful in movie related pieces other than for their Star War line. At least in the last 5 years or so anyway.

And I have no idea how popular the Iron Studio pieces are anyway. I buy all of the 1/4 MCU pieces, but given the 300-400 edition size, which does sell out I believe. I rarely see any photos on either of the two forums or any videos on YouTube.

Iron studios and XM are at the top of the market right now. Sideshow has dropped to last. At least in my opinion.

I read somewhere they were working on a Iron Spider? If they are, I hope it is shown at SDCC!

I don't buy movie related statues but I'm still looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

They are off to a good start. I can't wait for the full reveal.
This will be a a no brainer for me after getting the civil war dio, I'm pretty much in for all of their 1/4 MCU stuff.

thats an amazing sculpt. I actually have no issue if its the same as their 1/10 bds thanos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iron studios and XM are at the top of the market right now. Sideshow has dropped to last. At least in my opinion.

I agree. I have about 15 iron studio pieces and they are all great and top quality. Have not had a problem yet!

7d81087e03cdaaf79c7db592a8eddd16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great sculpt with very fine detail. Though until I see it on the body, I'm not too sure about the expression.

But I love those teeth. Sideshow really needs to use the same method.

Is that a translucent resin head (as it seems to have very fine skin detail (same as the Civil War faces) which Sideshow hasn't been able to accomplish with Polystone) with acrylic teeth?

They are off to a good start. I can't wait for the full reveal.
This will be a a no brainer for me after getting the civil war dio, I'm pretty much in for all of their 1/4 MCU stuff.

Unfortunately me too. Unfortunately because I'm out of display space as it is.

thats an amazing sculpt. I actually have no issue if its the same as their 1/10 bds thanos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind it either. I love that 1:1 scale version that they scaled up from their 1/10 piece during their trade shows etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if the 1/4 scale isn't posed as well as the 1/10 scaled version. Some of their newer 1/10 are very well done other than the face sculpts which can be pretty hit and miss.

I agree. I have about 15 iron studio pieces and they are all great and top quality. Have not had a problem yet!

I have all their MCU pieces since their AOU line. The 1/6 AOU diorama line, and a 'relatively small selection of 1/10 scale piece. And honestly it's their 1/4 line which really showcases their quality for movie based characters. The smaller scales have better action poses etc, but the facesculpts aren't to the same quality.

Well imo Sideshow has never really been all that successful in movie related pieces other than for their Star War line. At least in the last 5 years or so anyway.

And I have no idea how popular the Iron Studio pieces are anyway. I buy all of the 1/4 MCU pieces, but given the 300-400 edition size, which does sell out I believe. I rarely see any photos on either of the two forums or any videos on YouTube.

Well, speakin' as a new-ish collector - semi-new at this point I guess - I remember LEARNING and reading. Mostly on the other Statue forum at first. I got the early impression that Sideshow - and for LOTR etc. WETA - were the "big dogs". If you were really well off, XM.

Then there were these (apparently) "little" or "foreign" companies doing stuff. So you didn't really know if this was some kind of start-up with someone working out of a garage, or what.

So who the **** was Iron Studios...well, then the early CW 1/4 pics come out and I'm reading more and watch some vids and learn about Magneto and Ultron Cap - good stuff and maybe not so good (that Spidey thing tho to be fair IS learned from that):horror - that IS seems to be a big thing in Brazil anyway...and for me the rest is history w. the staggeringly good CW pieces:clap. Vader and 1/3 Batman too I guess.

It's just IMO I still get the impression that compared to WETA and Sideshow, Iron Studios doesn't do PR as well. Tiny short videos; too much of people talking. In Brazil tho - based on the huge con displays - they seem to be a big thing:dunno (concept stores!) I think they are slowly getting better re international customers. I do like when they put up production pics. :)

loki.jpg

My new 1/10 Loki is here - somewhere:love

This looks great, looking forward to seeing it.

I was thinking today...how is it, after two of the biggest Marvel movies (really movies period, if you go by box office) of all time dropped within the same year (Panther and Infinity), that there hasn’t been more announcements of 1/4 Marvel movie pieces of these two films (and maybe a few other more recent ones, like Thor 3)?

I know not everyone has the license of course...really just Iron Studios annnnnd...maybe Sideshow?

Are they bad sellers? Because if they are, why does Prime 1 make 1/4 statues of Justice League, BvS, Suicide Squad, etc...movies that don’t seem to be as loved as the Marvel films? Heck, they make them in bigger sizes (1/3) and charge more money for them.

I dunno...I just find it all odd. Perhaps announcements are indeed coming. But considering how big Marvel already was, and how big Panther and Infinity War were, I’m surprised really nothing has been formally announced (aside from of course, the tease of Thanos).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This looks great, looking forward to seeing it.

I was thinking today...how is it, after two of the biggest Marvel movies (really movies period, if you go by box office) of all time dropped within the same year (Panther and Infinity), that there hasn’t been more announcements of 1/4 Marvel movie pieces of these two films (and maybe a few other more recent ones, like Thor 3)?

I know not everyone has the license of course...really just Iron Studios annnnnd...maybe Sideshow?

Are they bad sellers? Because if they are, why does Prime 1 make 1/4 statues of Justice League, BvS, Suicide Squad, etc...movies that don’t seem to be as loved as the Marvel films? Heck, they make them in bigger sizes (1/3) and charge more money for them.

I dunno...I just find it all odd. Perhaps announcements are indeed coming. But considering how big Marvel already was, and how big Panther and Infinity War were, I’m surprised really nothing has been formally announced (aside from of course, the tease of Thanos).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just because Marvel movies make more in the box office it doesn't mean they will sell more statues. Do you think a movie fans who enjoys all good quality movies in general is going to be a 1/4 Captain America statue for example? The answer is they will not. The comic book fan will buy that statue. I don't know any sales figures to tell you what would sell more but what i do know is a general movie goer will likely not buy a statue otherwise they will need edition sizes of 1 million instead of 500.

Back