After many years, FINALLY able to display my collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

methos11

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've been a periodic lurker on here, mainly due to time constraints and also due to my nature as a collector who simply didn't have the space to properly display my collection. Thankfully, the new year brought a new townhouse and a basement room for myself. My wife, bless her, said simply "Do whatever you want in there. Go crazy" and I have.

This is an ongoing project for myself, as I've been collecting 1/6 scale for about 5-6 years now. I've gone through phases of buying figures, selling them, buying them again, selling them once an upgrade was available, etc...

My main interests have been Star Wars and Marvel with some other cult collectibles thrown in.

So, how to properly display these? Well, I'm indebted to this site for numerous tips over time. And when I finally got the chance I've set about showing off the collectibles as best I can.

NOTE: As said, this is a work in progress. I'm still figuring things out. But what's the point of having a collection on display if you can't share it with like-minded people?

I've set up four (4) Detolf cabinets and installed LED lighting for them. I've used black felt on the glass shelves to segment them properly. I am still looking into raising them off the floor and have some plans in mind. I also purchased three LED lighted Acrylic display cases and have them set side-by-side which have rotating LED lights on top and bottom for an awesome display. I'm currently working on crafting a white bookcase with lighting and removable acrylic front to prevent dust.

Figure Collection (5).jpg

Figure Collection (20).jpg

Figure collection (46).jpg

Figure Collection (67).jpg

The Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker shown with the lightsabers are custom made CCFL sabers made by Pixelpiper on here who I purchased from some time ago and am just getting around to display. I still have another Red Vader saber, a Blue Luke Saber, a Green Luke Saber and Two Blue Obi-Wan sabers for use as I expand my displays.

Figure Collection (78).jpg

Figure Collection (43).jpg

Figure collection (36).jpg

I suppose I can list which I figures I have in my collection, and will do that as soon as I can. But for now, I just wanna show off how my "Geek Emporium" is coming around (My wife gets credit for the term)

I've also never attempted posting pictures in the forum before, so any and all comments or tips is welcome

I'm not online alot during the day due to work, but appreciate any and all comments

Congratulations, it looks great! I like that the collectible room doubles as a gaming/theater room. That's what I'd like to set up one day. Nice work!

Wow!! Love your collection. Awesomeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Congrats on the setup. I'm currently in the "collecting but unable to properly display" phase myself. In due time...

I must say though, that's a massive collection to have had without displaying! I can't imagine the amount of room the shippers were taking up :lol

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to storing all these figures before being able to display them I had them packed away in a storage unit in their original mailer boxes (for the most part). Now that I'm able to display them I've unpacked them all, bagged and labeled all accessories and extra parts, and packed up the boxes and have them stored in the attic of my townhouse. For quite a while it was a big mess storing all these boxes that I didn't have room for. And it's taken quite a while to unpack them and get them set up as well.

I'm planning on getting backgrounds printed for all of the Detolf shelves (I started with the GOTG shelf)

Great display! I too am unable to display all my figures/statues/books/blu rays etc etc at the moment, all I have is one Detolf and a medium sized surface to display some of them. I'm getting a mortgage next year so been planning my setup and will have a gaming/geeky display room.

Will prob need around 4 detolfs and some bestas but is fun to plan!

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to storing all these figures before being able to display them I had them packed away in a storage unit in their original mailer boxes (for the most part). Now that I'm able to display them I've unpacked them all, bagged and labeled all accessories and extra parts, and packed up the boxes and have them stored in the attic of my townhouse. For quite a while it was a big mess storing all these boxes that I didn't have room for. And it's taken quite a while to unpack them and get them set up as well.

I'm planning on getting backgrounds printed for all of the Detolf shelves (I started with the GOTG shelf)

I can only imagine how daunting of a task having to unpack all of those figures one by one was. On the bright side though, that must have been SUPER fun to be able to kind of appreciate them as brand new and finally ready to display.

It really was fun to finally get to unpack each individual figure and decide how best to pose them. For many of the figures I still have to go through getting them into some kind of "final" pose. But considering up until now my collecting experience has been to open the box, take a look, and close it back up...it's fun to finally get my collection in shape. Of course, now I'm realizing the limitations of the space I have and considering the amount of figures I currently have on pre-order (20 at the moment) I may have to part with some figures.

Wow, awesome collection. I'm just getting into hot toys and I'm focusing on Marvel. My husband and I love the detail of hot toys and the awesome face sculpts. We need detolfs when we have space (when we build our house we'll finally have room to display!)

The displays and setup have been executed perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Awesome work bud. Looks fantastic. I to have had to wait years for the proper space to display my collectibles but I to am close to getting done.

Enjoy your cool space.

Very nice setup! I feel like I am in the same boat as you. I just got started on my collecting and I really do not have the space to display my figures as of yet. Right now I have a small condo and i hope in a couple of years I will have a bigger home with more room and space to display and appreciate my collection. I'm looking forward to it. Something clean and simple.

………..That must have killed you slowly to have such a fantastic collection in storage and not be able to enjoy it. Congratz on the fantastic display!

Back