When is Sideshow going to produce a Romita Sr. 1/4 scale Spider-Man??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's unbelievable we haven't gotten a classic 60-80's Romita Sr. Spider-Man yet!! Are you kidding me??!!??

marvel-calendar-1975-banner.jpg
1d9c66ea07ea9edde83c96c5f5264fa8--marvel-heroes-marvel-comics.jpg
Spiderman19782016Cover6.jpg
asm100c.jpg
Spiderman19782016Cover1.jpg

I mean, I get that there are little differences that you’ll be happy to point out, but the PF on waitlist right now is pretty close.

I mean, I get that there are little differences that you’ll be happy to point out, but the PF on waitlist right now is pretty close.

No it's not. He's way too skinny there. The mask eyes need to angle up more. The neck looks like he's either immitating Plastic Man or a giraffe. The base looks like my grandma's candy dish. Blah, Blah, Blah...

It's unbelievable we haven't gotten a classic 60-80's Romita Sr. Spider-Man yet!! Are you kidding me??!!??

Yeah, seriously.

I'd expected with the last PF they would have at least had the sense to make a swap out head with Romita style eyes. Seemed like a no brainer. Instead, they completely dissed him to offer yet another big eyed 90's style interpretation.

The LSF looks like it could be close to a Romita style body and head/eyes- but I'm not crazy about the right hand if they keep it like it is in the pre-production BTS vid. It will probably be on display as SDCC so I'll hold off commenting further till it's revealed.

But yeah, I hear ya.

Way overdue.

Someone should just make a Romita Sr. custom portrait for the latest Spider-Man PF.

I bet there's a good number of collectors that would buy that.

No way. That body looks nothing like Romita's drawings. And the pose is nothing like Romita Sr art. That sculpt looks freakish with the bone ribs and what the heck did Spidey stick down his pants- italian hoagie rolls?? That's ridiculous.

bfeab61d25b5d7788df27385bec16eb9_xl.jpg
400438f689c4a4b7003ac38bab4a0eef_xl.jpg

Why do you think MJ loves Pete?! He's well endowed.

I'm talking about the shapes you see on his thighs and around his legs. He's hoarding hoagie rolls in his tights. And yeah, I get it; MJ isn't hanging around Pete for his arachnid powers and book smarts.

Back