Base repurposing - Phicen Silver Huntress 1/6 mountain snow display base quick review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassafras

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this in from Monkey Depot, but can probably be picked up on the 'bay etc. Shipping not that cheap but whatever - Phicen/TB League always seem to do a fantastic job with their scenic bases:clap.

Not for everyone and a lot of folks don't like diorama bases. This one will take some space, app:

10 inches high
13 inches across
9.5 inches deep

It's heavy and sturdy without being ridiculous. Lots of details like the other snow base.

Needless to say I guess re-purposing bases like this isn't for the *impatient*:cool:. They're designed for their original figs so you may or may want to pull the pegs out (this base has 3 pegs imbedded) and be prepared to futz/dremel/figures falling over when posing/more futzing. You get to find out real fast which figs have irritatingly loose joints.:(

Phicen had another snow base to go with a different fig - THIS one - the snow SPARKLES and it's glossy - supposed to look wet/frozen. (I think maybe blue light on this would be cool). The two bases do go together tho if you either put a matte finish on one or gloss the other a bit. Also - I did a quick 'shopped color change - already wondering if the snow here could be painted/flocked e.g. turned into "moss" so I can have a "jungle base".:google

Cell pics:

Phicen_snow_base1.jpg

Phicen_snow_base2.jpg

Phicen_snow_base3.jpg

Phicen_snow_2bases.jpg

Phicen_snow_baseidea.jpg

Phicen_snow_kylo.jpg

Phicen_snow_kylodark.jpg

A Civil War scene that never happened but LOL something like it could've:cool: -

Phicen_snowbaseByckyCap1.jpg

IMO overall another excellent base for repurposing:love:love if you have the room and like futzing - re LOTR/Hobbit figs, soldiers, Marvel, DC, etc. Or add to an Ultron display. This one's nice 'coz u can cram 2 figs onto it; maybe 3; and use the tree trunk as a cheat when posing.

Very nice, Sassafras! I was drawn to this particular base as well. I wanted to use it for a Logan “alternate ending” scene where I imagined that some poor fools decided to dig him up, only to be confronted Lara and a resurrected Logan.

I did glue two shades of moss on various areas, and spot painted/stippled blood throughout. There are a few human limbs strewn about as well.

It was a fun project, and the base was perfect for what I had in mind.
5586012F-0B55-4241-88BE-372EEB8E6837.jpgB08569D3-E4F4-40A3-8236-12ADE7831906.jpg

Very nice, Sassafras! I was drawn to this particular base as well. I wanted to use it for a Logan “alternate ending” scene where I imagined that some poor fools decided to dig him up, only to be confronted Lara and a resurrected Logan.

I did glue two shades of moss on various areas, and spot painted/stippled blood throughout. There are a few human limbs strewn about as well.

It was a fun project, and the base was perfect for what I had in mind.

That looks really great Starfury and thanks for posting the pics *inspirational*:clap:clap:clap :)
Gives me a look at how moss additions and some blood - depending - will turn out. To me this base is great as is or is "screaming Wakanda" (after some mods). Either for my BP or - IW Cap and hopefully Bucky:dunno. I've got the deluxe Cap on PO and just think this base will be better than the HT (after ditching the snow and shoving the Outrider torso in there:cool:)

Back