Belle Beauty and the Best figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's Sunday night, so that means it's time for another sixth scale review. Tonight I'm checking out the new Hot Toys release from Beauty and the Beast - Belle! She's gorgeous in almost every way, but this was one of the rare occasions - at least for me - where the figure I received fell short of the one promised with the prototype, at least in one very key category. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-062518a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_belle_4.jpg

I see what you mean about the skin tone difference... I didn't remembered what the proto looked like, but it's a pretty big difference. And looking at the proto images Lumiere has a clear stand there as well; looks like you got screwed.

I don't have any interest in owning Belle, but pretty cool you get 6 characters for the price of one. If they did release Beast (which seems doubtful) it'd end up being a pretty solid line with just two figures.

Michael, someone posted in the other Beauty and the Beast thread a photo of how to pose Lumiere with his girlfriend featherduster...that looks to be how it should be displayed. The skin tone is too dark as you say, but with cool lighting it could improve things. Great review as always.

Michael, someone posted in the other Beauty and the Beast thread a photo of how to pose Lumiere with his girlfriend featherduster...that looks to be how it should be displayed. The skin tone is too dark as you say, but with cool lighting it could improve things. Great review as always.

Yes Lumiere and Plumette are meant to be posed together as she acts as his "stand". It's not hard to figure this out, even w/o formal instructions.

Uh, no. There's a separate stand for Lumierre, Plumette is not his stand.

I did end up finding it. I broke my cardinal rule when I got this figure, and had opened it up and inspected everything in a spot other than where I shoot the photos. In the process of taking everything out and putting it back to move it, the stand got dropped. Thankfully, I found it, but it re-enforces why I have that rule.

Back