What if Anakin had kept the twins?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beren

Super Freak
Reaction score
OKOK here goes...

my girl-friend, since the day ROTS opened, maintains that Obi-Wan had no right to withhold Anakin's kids from him, that they should have been given over to Anakin. She offers the theory that had Anakin received the little bundles of joy that he would have possibly (she thinks likely) turned away from the Dark Side.

She is the only one I know of to have ever expressed that opinon but still, interesting point. :D

Whatcha think? Discuss...

Beren

Oh, and Happy Birthday to me :D

With the way that the teenage drama that was ROTS unfolded, I am glad that Obi and Bail were given charge of Luke and Leia.

One parent kills younglings, and the other could care less about their future anyway - I will never get over the sham that was Padme's "losing the will to live" mellodrama.

:emperor

I don't think it would have changed him. I believe he was so far gone at that point it wouldn't have mattered.

As far as Padme loosing the will to live with kids coming. Well, I've seen it happen in real life so I wouldn't call it a sham.

They would have been raised to be pawns of the Emperor just like Vader. Although in a Jamaican court Vader probably would have won custody.

jlcmsu said:
As far as Padme loosing the will to live with kids coming. Well, I've seen it happen in real life so I wouldn't call it a sham.

Oh it might happen, but it certainly would not/should not to anyone worth rearing two children; or being considered a hero in a film series. :rolleyes:

Well, unless Post-Sithdom Depression can be clinically diagnosed. :lol :emperor

Two thing could have happened:

1) Anakin raised them in secret as Sith apprentices to overthrow the emperor.

2) The emperor learned of them and he would have killed them.

Remember Anakin was lost to the darkside before he killed Padme. His plans were to rule with Padme after deposing Palpatine. His kids would still have been raised to be monsters.

Obi-Wan Yoda did the right thing. No doubt. :D

pixletwin said:
Two thing could have happened:

1) Anakin raised them in secret as Sith apprentices to overthrow the emperor.

2) The emperor learned of them and he would have killed them.

Remember Anakin was lost to the darkside before he killed Padme. His plans were to rule with Padme after deposing Palpatine. His kids would still have been raised to be monsters.

Obi-Wan Yoda did the right thing. No doubt. :D

Yeah I'm with you on this one, I remember seeing on some post that you had read the ROTS novelization. Is Padme's death further explained in the novel?

As far as real life goes. It shouldn't but it does and to people you would think would have all the reason to still live for. That's what makes it sad and in Padme's case in the movie I would say its the same. I can also buy the dying of a broken heart as well. You don't see it people as young as Padme's supposed to be but it does happen to older folks. So it is plausable.

Darthrazz said:
Yeah I'm with you on this one, I remember seeing on some post that you had read the ROTS novelization. Is Padme's death further explained in the novel?

Not really. Just as lame. :monkey3

Oh, Ok Too bad. Would it have been better to the story line had Vader /Anakin actually killed her? Whether directly or indirectly?

Darthrazz said:
Oh, Ok Too bad. Would it have been better to the story line had Vader /Anakin actually killed her? Whether directly or indirectly?

I sure think so.

I think he'd be dark still, more so. I think A- Emperor would find out, and kill them and he'd flip and kill Palpatine and be the Sith Master and NEVER turn good B- Palpatine would kill him and let them live and raise them both as Sith or C- He'd kill Palpatine and raise them but as Sith, he'd still be furious at the Jedi AND Palpatine and would feel since he's the most powerful he should rule the galaxy. Bad news no matter what, good move Obi.

If there's a neglegent parent, I think someone has EVERY right to take the children away. Anakin fully fits the role of bad parent, he choked his wife and killed kids I mean DAMN!

They would have overthrown Vaders chared but when they grew up. Leia being the hag she was in ANH would have been the Master, while the whiney Luke would have been her *****!

EVILFACE said:
They would have overthrown Vaders chared but when they grew up. Leia being the hag she was in ANH would have been the Master, while the whiney Luke would have been her *****!

:rotfl Right on!

Honestly I think if Anakin had kept the twins he would of still gone over to the Darkside. His primary reason for going over to the Darkside was to save Padme, he then wanted to stop death, I think he would have still been in the mindset of "using" Palpatine to try and resurrect Padme. The kids though would have been as hidden as possible. He would have still seen the Jedi Order as threats but I believe he would have used Owen and Beru to hide both twins. Then I think when they were old enough he would have had them join the Imperial Academy in order to keep them close under assumed names. Training them in secret he would have done everything he could have to hide the children until they were old enough to overtake Palpatine.....it'd be an empire ruled by Skywalkers.

The Mike said:
His primary reason for going over to the Darkside was to save Padme, he then wanted to stop death,

Agree with your conclusion, but really, he may have rationalized that his primary reason for going to the Darkside was for Padme, etc, and he may have truly belived in that reasoning....but I think he was power hungry from the git go (2d episode). It wasn't just teenage angst that kept him frustrated with Obi-Wan...it was hubris. He was told from the beginning that he was special and he wanted the recognition. Palpatine played up to that as well as play on Anakin's fears about Padme. I've never been able to shake the thought that Anakin was anything more than a spoiled kid. It was always about him...those kids woulda been nothing but fodder for his ambitions.

As with Padme....well, I really liked the strength she showed at the 1st episode as Queen Amidala. Very mature and responsible for her age. Then, she fell in love and she turned to jello. Even to the point of abandoning her kids? c'mon Lucas!!! That's one of the glaring inconsistencies in the prequel trilogy that bugged me. (sorry about the rant)

Back