Statue Iron Studios Ragnarok Loki 1/10 statue small review (first review)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SidneyDR

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
EDIT: Added pictures. Sadly most of them are sideways.. I am really bad at this camera stuff aren't I ? :gah:
I made a small video review on the Ragnarok Loki Statue. You will notice my broken english (I am flemish). And today I have also learned that it is best to hold my phone sideways before filming a review. Yup :slap Anyway, I saw no one has posted a review on this before on youtube so I thought I should do it to help others decide. :)

20180620_143534.jpg
20180620_143541.jpg
20180620_143549.jpg
20180620_234125.jpg
20180620_234207.jpg
20180620_234210.jpg
20180620_234214.jpg
20180620_234335.jpg
20180620_234643.jpg
20180620_234720.jpg
20180620_235131.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that - I couldn't find any reviews for this statue so that is very helpful to me! It looks like a really nice piece - might be picking this one up now. :)

Thanks for that - I couldn't find any reviews for this statue so that is very helpful to me! It looks like a really nice piece - might be picking this one up now. :)

You're welcome :) Sadly the video dropped A LOT in quality after uploading the video. I think I will try to post some pictures here. The video really doesn't do it justice.

You're welcome :) Sadly the video dropped A LOT in quality after uploading the video. I think I will try to post some pictures here. The video really doesn't do it justice.

Who did you order yours from?

I'm still waiting on getting mine from Popcultcha (Australia).

Who did you order yours from?

I'm still waiting on getting mine from Popcultcha (Australia).

I ordered mine from Planetactionfigures . I was suprised they already had him in stock. Most european sites say october 2018 :impatient: I wish I could afford to get Valkyrie from them as well.

Thanks for sharing the pics too SidneyDR, been a great help to me as I've been deliberating over whether to get this for the last couple of weeks but couldn't find any in-hand photos anywhere of the final piece (I've never had any Iron Studios figures before so wanted to see the end result before committing to a purchase!)

Anyways after seeing your vid and pics I've ordered him this morning (from Planet Action Figures) and it's on the way!! :yess: Looking forward to adding it to my Loki collection :)

Thanks for sharing the pics too SidneyDR, been a great help to me as I've been deliberating over whether to get this for the last couple of weeks but couldn't find any in-hand photos anywhere of the final piece (I've never had any Iron Studios figures before so wanted to see the end result before committing to a purchase!)

Anyways after seeing your vid and pics I've ordered him this morning (from Planet Action Figures) and it's on the way!! :yess: Looking forward to adding it to my Loki collection :)

You're welcome :) I myself have been waiting for in hand pictures of Valkyrie but have had no luck yet either. I really love how the "leather" looks on the statue. It is better then I expected and great for the price.

Thank you for posting the review:) - but maybe I shouldn't have looked:lol because the review had me taking a second look at these figs.

Really liked what I saw of Loki (love Iron Studios anyway so far and have IW 1/10 on preorder).

Just preordered Loki and Valkyrie and Thor besides from Ragnarok:monkey3. Thanks to the rock bases I think all the Ragnarok and IW pieces are gonna mix nicely right across a shelf.)

One thing about this fig - besides liking the face and pose, I like what they did with the cape and the gleaming horns - pretty striking. IS has amazing sculptors.:love

Thank you for posting the review:) - but maybe I shouldn't have looked:lol because the review had me taking a second look at these figs.

Really liked what I saw of Loki (love Iron Studios anyway so far and have IW 1/10 on preorder).

Just preordered Loki and Valkyrie and Thor besides from Ragnarok:monkey3. Thanks to the rock bases I think all the Ragnarok and IW pieces are gonna mix nicely right across a shelf.)

One thing about this fig - besides liking the face and pose, I like what they did with the cape and the gleaming horns - pretty striking. IS has amazing sculptors.:love

:lol It's always dangerous coming into these threads! I'd never heard of Iron Studios (came across this Loki statue whilst looking for something else on eBay) but yes their sculpts look pretty great for the scale and I love the look of this one. :rock

The whole Ragnarok statue line-up looks pretty good though IMO - I absolutely loved the film and if I had the space I'd definitely consider picking up a few more pieces, as it is though I'll just stick to my favourite character Loki - at least for now!! :)

:lol It's always dangerous coming into these threads! I'd never heard of Iron Studios (came across this Loki statue whilst looking for something else on eBay) but yes their sculpts look pretty great for the scale and I love the look of this one. :rock

The whole Ragnarok statue line-up looks pretty good though IMO - I absolutely loved the film and if I had the space I'd definitely consider picking up a few more pieces, as it is though I'll just stick to my favourite character Loki - at least for now!! :)

I loved Ragnarok too - the color, designs, the *cheekiness*. Had some poignant moments too. Well, yeah, hilariously I figure I'm trying to ratchet down my collecting, figuring I'd try to hold more or less at the MCU first 10 years - for Marvel anyway.

But Iron Studios won me over big time with their quarter scale Civil War pieces. I'd held off on the 1/10 (since I have HT 1/6 as well) but - just don't have much Thor, any Loki so far, and loved the film Valkyrie. After looking harder, really like Loki's pose here - it's one thing I wish the film had had, just a bit more Loki knife fighting - a bit. From the looks of it, it's amazing what they have done with the face in this scale.

Then I threw in Thor - and Valkyrie. I think they are all going to be excellent as are the IW 1/10 pieces. I need to STOP tho who knows what might show up at SDCC? :panic::lol

I loved Ragnarok too - the color, designs, the *cheekiness*. Had some poignant moments too. Well, yeah, hilariously I figure I'm trying to ratchet down my collecting, figuring I'd try to hold more or less at the MCU first 10 years - for Marvel anyway.

But Iron Studios won me over big time with their quarter scale Civil War pieces. I'd held off on the 1/10 (since I have HT 1/6 as well) but - just don't have much Thor, any Loki so far, and loved the film Valkyrie. After looking harder, really like Loki's pose here - it's one thing I wish the film had had, just a bit more Loki knife fighting - a bit. From the looks of it, it's amazing what they have done with the face in this scale.

Then I threw in Thor - and Valkyrie. I think they are all going to be excellent as are the IW 1/10 pieces. I need to STOP tho who knows what might show up at SDCC? :panic::lol

You should also get the Hulk piece. It goes great with Thor.

Not sure if they have showed Doctor Strange yet (infinity war version) but it looks awesome and I hope to get that one. Here's a pic of him and the Black Widow statue that I found.
FB_IMG_1529596199900.jpg
FB_IMG_1529596230596.jpg

You should also get the Hulk piece. It goes great with Thor.

I'd been thinking about Thor - either Ragnarok or IW (no matter what IW did with character). Looking at the pics seems like IS really upped their game with both portraits and the bases (re details). Impressed at this scale. BW looks gorgeous in SidneyDR's posted picks.:drool

Really hope Iron Studios will be at SDCC showing off, even if the excellent 1/4 Darth Vader, and 1/4 scale CW pieces are long gone except at 'bay prices.

:exactly: Agreed! Considering it is 1/10 scale it looks great! :rock

And as far as SDCC goes...I am both anticipating and dreading it in equal measures!! :panic: :lol

:exactly: Agreed! Considering it is 1/10 scale it looks great! :rock

And as far as SDCC goes...I am both anticipating and dreading it in equal measures!! :panic: :lol

Oh, Yeah $$$$. Well, tho, I figure - if there's nothing of interest for me, just more for the "IW 2" fund which I am already sure is gonna be terrible for the wallet. Even if we don't see final pieces in hand for a long time - seems like the delays keep getting longer.

Glad you are picking up your first IS piece tho. I had a lot of nerves about them as they were "foreign" - not like I could hop over to Brazil to pester them - plus my first 1/4 scale; my WS was gonna have a full portrait and that is so often a disappointment, and all that.

LOL now they'd have to pry my IS pieces from my cold dead fingers. Worth every penny. One of the few companies I've ever e-mailed to thank them for the job they did (and keep the good work up!) So I have confidence in the 1/10 pieces. If I ever get to Brazil one of my first stops will one of their concept stores (I guess they have 3 total in Brazil).

LOL now they'd have to pry my IS pieces from my cold dead fingers. Worth every penny. One of the few companies I've ever e-mailed to thank them for the job they did (and keep the good work up!) So I have confidence in the 1/10 pieces. If I ever get to Brazil one of my first stops will one of their concept stores (I guess they have 3 total in Brazil).

Yes they are! Got my Loki statue today and he is awesome, a cracking little piece and I am really happy with him! :yess:

Found some pics of the IW strange statue. It looks like the cape is translucent somehow?

Screenshot_20180624-175503.jpg
Screenshot_20180624-173334.jpg

Found some pics of the IW strange statue. It looks like the cape is translucent somehow?

Could be! Noticed with Cap and Bucky base IS seems to be experimenting with clear-ish resins to make water puddles and splashes - very cool!:clap

Might just be a reflection if those statues are being displayed behind glass.

At the Cap and Bucky bases it looks like using clear plastic? resin? to make it look like muddy water and splashes. Luv diorama bases - I thought this was pretty clever:

Buck_base_IW_IronStudios.jpg

Am real happy to hear that Loki has come out so well - my first Loki at any scale.

Yes they are! Got my Loki statue today and he is awesome, a cracking little piece and I am really happy with him!

Congrats! I'd fought off getting IS 1/10 line - but as good as the CW 1/10 pieces are just seemed like my collection was getting too repetitive. But I totally caved re IW and now Ragnarok. :monkey3

Back