Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Life-size Baby Blue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
prime1studio said:
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Life Size Baby Blue statue coming soon!
Stay tuned for more information.
#babyblue #blue #jurassicpark #jurassicworld #jurassicworldfallenkingdom #raptor #velociraptor #velociraptorblue #dinosaur #dinosaurs #fallenkingdom #comingsoon #staytuned #prime1 #prime1studio

dFi5RfD.jpg

Poor Chronicle.

But I'm just going to assume Prime 1's piece is going to be more expensive......and probably for good reason too.

From Facebook:-

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present Life-Size LMCJW2-02: Baby Blue from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Baby Blue is a female Velociraptor that appears in Jurassic World (2015) and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. She was created with the DNA of the Black-throated monitor lizard, which allowed her scales to reflect an iridescent blue color, giving her the distinctive pattern that she was named after. Out of all the raptors that were to be created following her birth, she was the largest. When she was born, Owen Grady imprinted on her, which allowed him to train her. Baby Blue was made by using exactly the same digital files from the movie which fans can expect the product to be the most movie accurate. The Life-Size Baby Blue statue measures approximately 27 inches tall and 24 inches width made of Vinyl and Polystone. This is a must have for all Jurassic Worlds franchises fans.
Statue features:
- Size approximately 27 inches tall [(H)68.9cm (W)61.2cm (D)82.4cm]
- Edition Size: TBD
- Estimate shipment: Q3 2019
- Material: Vinyl, Polystone
- Prototype samples shown
- Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

Retail Price: $899 US

Though I wouldn't be surprise if it's $50 more on Sideshows website. If it's even listed there that is. Probably not.

On Facebook it was noted by Prime 1 that the Dino will be vinyl! :slap:gah::cuckoo:

I really hope it was just miscommunication :pray:

On Facebook it was noted by Prime 1 that the Dino will be vinyl! :slap:gah::cuckoo:

I really hope it was just miscommunication :pray:

It says vinyl mix. Whats the bid deal? The crazy detail on this piece is thanks to the vinyl and it will be cheaper to ship as it is not as heavy. You can always pay $100 more and get the chronicle version if your concern is weight.

Those measurements can't be right, 1 metre wide, no way.....

Its showing the dino size in relation to 100cm. As you can see the dino does not go end to end.

Yep, the depth/length is 82.4 cm. Though it is odd that Prime 1 did that.

It says vinyl mix. Whats the bid deal? The crazy detail on this piece is thanks to the vinyl and it will be cheaper to ship as it is not as heavy. You can always pay $100 more and get the chronicle version if your concern is weight.

I understand that it'll be cheaper to ship because of the lesser weight. But it's a statue we're buying and in my head when I think of a statue I think of something with a bit of heft.

And I'm not the only one to think that. It's why the few plastic or vinyl pieces from Sideshow have been maligned to one extent or another. Predator Bust, Man of Steel, Swamp Thing and a couple of Star Wars droids.

So yes it's a psychological reason.

You can get great detail from vinyl, but it doesn't mean you can't get it from other materials. Heck I have plenty of Prime 1 pieces and the detail in those mixed translucent resins is exceptional! They could've definitely done the same.

The only thing I can think of, of why they went this route is that it may have been too much weight to support on those two legs if they used a heavier resin? Though I doubt it.

prime1studio said:
Currently display at the United Cinemas Toshimaen for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
#jurassicpark #jurassicworld #jurassicworldfallenkingdom #blue #velociraptor #raptor #babyblue #theater #cinema #unitedcinema #tokyo #japan #prime1 #prime1studio

36148508_2188571204756195_2042399241514516480_n.jpg

Damn... I look at the pics desperately trying to find something I don't like about so I can persuade myself to pass this one, as I already have IS Rexy, P1 adult blue, P1 Rexy, P1 Indoraptor and probably P1 triceratops and indominus rex as well on my wishlist. How pathetic!:(

Damn... I look at the pics desperately trying to find something I don't like about so I can persuade myself to pass this one, as I already have IS Rexy, P1 adult blue, P1 Rexy, P1 Indoraptor and probably P1 triceratops and indominus rex as well on my wishlist. How pathetic!:(

One big reason is the vinyl.

Back