Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Every figure Sideshow does seems to be controversial these days. No different is there latest release - Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China. They've actually been making me a happy camper with most of their figures in recent months, but this one ended up disappointing me. You can find the full review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-061818a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_jackb_17.jpg

Grew up in the 80's, but have never seen this movie. Just based on scenes I've seen It's not the best Russell figure representation. It's okay. I think price is the biggest killer of this figure. I don't want to spend $240 and then spend more to fix it.

This is just getting embarrassing now.

$240 for a 1/6 figure is incredibly expensive and I would expect something with that price point to be near perfect.

Yet this has a soft sculpt, flat paint, goofy rubber hands, and mom jeans... No thanks.

Glad I'm not the only one unimpressed with this figure. I was quite looking forward to seeing it as well.

Sideshow is still a fair bit behind Hot Toys with their figures.

I'm starting to think that anyone complaining about the outfit simply hasn't watched the movie...

Same here. Don't think those jeans are a gazillion miles from what he wore in the movie. The boots are really good too, haha. God knows what as going on with those boots in the film...

The thing is though they are... wash and overall style is not the issue it’s the fact that they tailored them to look like mom jeans with the crotch riding way too high, super awkward Velcro and giant snap making him look like he has a pooch

The jackets sleeves are tailored a little loose and the cuffs massive.

The shirt has a really old school iron on decal approach to it, there are far more sophisticated means of production for this. This makes it rigid and shiny and even pixilated in the print . Also the neck does not scoop low enough.

The boots just look like cheesy big 1998 sculpted McFarlane toys style kind of deal...

And I’ll admit I’ve used that muscle body as a base for clothed figures and I like it’s proporions but it just can’t be exposed. It looks like a toy and a lot of that is the lack of detail in both sculpt and paint.

And as Michael pointed out in his spot on the money review, the oversized head makes it all the more hard to get around this.

The paint lacks detail, eyebrows too light and the eyes are sloppy as hell. I’ve seen a few photos where the eyelashes slip onto the eyeball. Inexcusable.

This figure should have been 100 dollars cheaper.

It sucks, it’s a bad figure, there’s really no other way to put it.

Is it a step above snake though? Probably to be honest. But that was an awful figure too.

Sideshow, just stop making human figures l. Stop hording these good lisences and cut people in to make them who actually know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Raymond F. I gotta agree with you. Snake was an abomination--but it was $150.00, came with lots of accessories, and worth getting to at least attempt to take a shot at rescuing the figure. $245! No bloody way...

Back to the price... that's the real legitimate complaint. I'll say it again, the complaints I've seen indicate that some people either haven't seen the movie or not seen it in a long time. His jeans in the film are tailored and worn very high, and his head is big in real life as well.
People who hate it will always hate it just like people who are happy with it will be happy with it.

Calling the figure "bad" is just dumb. Sorry,but it is......the real complaint is the price as said by many.If you can get it cheaper (using reward points) It's worth picking up.

Back