[Speculation]1/6: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode II AOTC Anakin Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tee-Kay

Super Freak
Reaction score
Shuffling thru Count Dooku pictures on HT site, this one caught my attention

PD1529068161z3A.jpg

So, ROTS Anakin placeholder or AOTC Anakin in the works?

Did you ever pick up SSC's Duel on Naboo version? It's quite good and the head sculpt is especially top-notch.

That is a great figure but I still think HT will blow their Maul out of the park.

I dunno out of all the 1/6 Sideshow figures this Maul one is pretty nice. HT would have to give us the hood, a good evil look, and possibly his speeder to be part of the package.

I still have full faith in HT’s ability to pull off a phenomenal Maul. The SS one is great but the body doesn’t really have a Maul body- too skinny and proportions look odd from how Ray Park is built, but the headsculpt is amazing. I bet the HT will include at least a robe and some gadgets, if not the probe droids and doubtfully the bike. I love conjecture like this haha I’m dying to see HT’s Maul.

If they do mullet Obi wan and Anakin ..please do white suit Padme HT :pray:

Agree totally. I would buy her even without them. Which version would you want to display...clean or battle damaged?

71888e2bbe39f1b3cd8c2def745a521e.jpg

c759edbe59300a440a187659a5f742ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have full faith in HT’s ability to pull off a phenomenal Maul. The SS one is great but the body doesn’t really have a Maul body- too skinny and proportions look odd from how Ray Park is built, but the headsculpt is amazing. I bet the HT will include at least a robe and some gadgets, if not the probe droids and doubtfully the bike. I love conjecture like this haha I’m dying to see HT’s Maul.

Usually the SS bodies are really chunky..is Maul a slimmer body type closer to Hot Toys bodies? I don’t have in hand but was thinking of getting?

Usually the SS bodies are really chunky..is Maul a slimmer body type closer to Hot Toys bodies? I don’t have in hand but was thinking of getting?

I don’t have any recent SS release with which to compare Maul’s body, but I do think there is something off about SS’s Maul body. To me it looks too skinny and lanky whereas Park was stockier. That’s one reason why I do think HT can nail their version. I honestly haven’t checked in a while to see if that’s addressed in the respective thread. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great figure, but if you’re thinking about getting it I’d just wait and see if he pops up at SDCC with HT. Or if you’re a huge Maul fan like me, go ahead and get the SS version haha.

SS's Maul is also $240 and totally barebones. Nothing besides him, hands, and the saber. You know HT will have the full cloak, binoculars, and that little floating droid at the very least. I would love 2 heads. With no skin tone to paint, I think another head would be more doable.

Maul, AOTC Padme, Jango, and ROTS Sidious should all be made before AOTC Anakin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agree totally. I would buy her even without them. Which version would you want to display...clean or battle damaged?

71888e2bbe39f1b3cd8c2def745a521e.jpg

c759edbe59300a440a187659a5f742ab.jpg

Not a fan, of the first version with the scarf, always thought it made her look weird with no neck :slap

Definitely always prefer the BD crop topish look for Portman :lol

Back