Statue 1/6 God of War from Sony

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If this thread exists already please let me know I just couldn't find it. I think these have been shipped. I'd love to know if anyone received one and what their thoughts are on it's quality.

god-of-war-statue-sony-903332-01.jpg

I got a notice from Sideshow mine is coming in 2 weeks. So, we'll see then. :)

I wish I knew this existed before today. I would've bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked on there but wasn't able to find them. Thanks anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw some pics on eBay and someone posted a video of theirs (see below).

Things that I've noticed from the pics and video are that:

-the paint quality control is very abysmal and the end result is shoddily done. For example, some of the white of Kratos's skin bleeds into the brown waist belt, Kratos's eyes are really badly painted (go to 4:58 in the video, yikes). Hell Atreus's eyes are just blue dots and don't even have pupils (3:06).

-there's barely any color shading, so Kratos and Atreus look pretty flat color-wise compared to their game models.

Also, I can't help but notice that the troll head in the base is MUCH smaller compared to the size in the game.

Was looking forward to maybe buy one after release, but the quality is SO not worth $350-$400. More like $150 at most. Hell the collector's edition figure looks better imo.

NECA is apparently going to make more God of War figures (articulated) to be shown/announced at SDCC in a few weeks, so I'm sticking to that.The detail and paint QC on their articulated 7 inch $25 Kratos is vastly superior to this Kratos in this $350-$400 statue. Now I know not to ever pre-order Sony polystone statues again...I have their Unccharted 4 diorama statue and that too came out pretty average, but not this bad.

Man, what a disappointment - I was so looking forward to this based on the prototype, but this turned out to be a complete turd.

Received mine from BBTS. For some reason, the BBTS batch is not numbered and instead it says "internal sample" on the base. With all the negative feedback, I was expecting it to be terrible but I am actually pleasantly surprised. Could be low expectations, the quality control is just sporadic, or maybe the internal samples are better. :dunno

The sculpt is amazing. The paint is hit or miss (literally). Most of the statue looks great, but the fine detail paint work around the faces is lacking. Overall, I am pleased with my purchase. I would would have been happier if this statue was in the $275-300 range, but I am still really glad to finally have this duo on my shelf.

IMG_4627.jpg

i got mine home from Think Geek. The straps for the horn on his hip were broken and the paint job was so poorly done it wasnt funny. it looked like my statue got the guy in the chinese factory who had been working there for like 2 days. i immedeately returned it. great looking statue from across the room, but it wouldve bothered me so much over time knowing i paid $370 (after taxes) for a half ass painted statue. good thing is think geek took it back no question and the whole process was easy.

Yikes. Looks like I dodged a bullet. Sideshow just let me know my waitlist would convert, and I popped over here to see if anyone had in-hand impressions. Paint looks like garbage. Dodged a bullet I guess.

Saw some pics on eBay and someone posted a video of theirs (see below).

Things that I've noticed from the pics and video are that:

-the paint quality control is very abysmal and the end result is shoddily done. For example, some of the white of Kratos's skin bleeds into the brown waist belt, Kratos's eyes are really badly painted (go to 4:58 in the video, yikes). Hell Atreus's eyes are just blue dots and don't even have pupils (3:06).

-there's barely any color shading, so Kratos and Atreus look pretty flat color-wise compared to their game models.

Also, I can't help but notice that the troll head in the base is MUCH smaller compared to the size in the game.

Was looking forward to maybe buy one after release, but the quality is SO not worth $350-$400. More like $150 at most. Hell the collector's edition figure looks better imo.

NECA is apparently going to make more God of War figures (articulated) to be shown/announced at SDCC in a few weeks, so I'm sticking to that.The detail and paint QC on their articulated 7 inch $25 Kratos is vastly superior to this Kratos in this $350-$400 statue. Now I know not to ever pre-order Sony polystone statues again...I have their Unccharted 4 diorama statue and that too came out pretty average, but not this bad.

Well seeing all the bad comments and that video I was expecting horrible quality. But I finally got mine from Sideshow and I think it does not look too bad. The lighting used in the video is just so bad, there is no way it could look good.
Yes atreus does have pupils, and Kratos is not this horrible looking.
I think the biggest issue with this statue is the glossy finish on the clothing.
I personally do not regret buying. $350 for a 2 character diorama with decently sized base, for a LE of 750, I didn't expect P1 quality. I do agree that it could have looked better tho.

Anyways I made an unboxing / review, with tons of pictures, so check-it out if you are interested.

Until then some pictures that does it justice:
4a7594957b8e8bcd3aa462eb5c0802e2.jpg

3b4afb2dd250eabac943721126f1eeb9.jpg

bc3ea66ca9a6a49ed46a79f5526d2fba.jpg

61f861b46e43be23b1052f9b7b733ebb.jpg

Back