Bowen Spider-man statue vs. Venom statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gambit

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw the pics and I once more realize how much better the Sideshow diaromas are :maul .

I do not like this item. Easy pass for me. I think Bowen should continue to sculpt that boring museum poses and shall not interfere the high quality Sideshow diaroma series.

Spidey%20vs%20Venom%203.jpg

Spidey%20vs%20Venom%202.jpg

Spidey%20vs%20Venom%201.jpg

I think it would be a good Venom stand alone piece.

very Bisley-esque. and with a custom paint job in Bisley's style, I'll bet it could look really sweet.

Well now that's different, we don't normally see Spider-man or Venom from this era; I don't care for it personally - I mean Spidey is WAY too bulked; but it is nice to see something unique.

This is the shiftbrothers work.. thats the style they have, personally. i avoid there work now, unless its coilaberated with randy... because randy will do clean up duty. Shifties work is almost roughed in modeling.

This is an easy PASS!

I do not like this at all.....it has nothing to do with my SSC fandom because I think their Spidey/Venom dio is lacking as well.....Spidey is too bulky it looks unnatural, and speaking of unnatural Venom resembled a loose rabid Ape than a sleek, muscular Symbiote Alien. Thumbs Down.

I think the execution and sculpt/paint is beautiful. The chosen pose just doesnt work. It just looks awkward and off.

Venom looks cool for sure, Spidey sadly does not. He looks too bulky and short to me, could just be the pics but who knows.

this one is a big let down imo.

I read the comments on Statueforum and suprised to see that Randy bowen's response to a collector in such a rude way.

Sorry but the piece is blah at best IMHO

Let's see you do better Mr.Fancypants!

It's a freakin' Bisley piece fer cryin' out loud!

It's not meant for the faint of heart. That's why; at most, there will only be a few hundred made. also: It's big...REALLY BIG!

Don't like? Just don't buy.

It's just that easy.

I am really suprised when people responded this way. Does everyone has to love it? So rude.

gambit said:
this one is a big let down imo.

I read the comments on Statueforum and suprised to see that Randy bowen's response to a collector in such a rude way.

I am really suprised when people responded this way. Does everyone has to love it? So rude.
Well considering that Bowen could sculpt a piece of turd on a stick and everyone over there at statueforum would go nuts for it, I guess it's finally getting to his head.

Here's the original piece of art. Compared to the original piece I think this is awesome. On its own, I don't think any modern collector would buy it.

5415.jpg

I like it a lot! I won't buy it, don't really do dioramas, but I think it's really nice. It has a lot of action, it's well sculpted, I guess it's just whether or not you like the artists rendition of said characters.

I agree it's close to the original artwork, but I just don't like the style of the piece, both Spidey and Venom look too bulky.

A pass for me as well, which is fortunate, given how many great SM3 items are coming out, I can afford to drop a few things.

Bit disappointed though.

Venom's ok, but I just don't go for a muscle bound Spiderman. That right leg looks horrible. I don't own a Bowen piece and these 2 aren't going to change that streak.

Back