Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - ROTJ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yondu_toys

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
PSX_20180610_005520.jpg
Did anyone else get this guy? This is my definitive version of Luke Skywalker, and it was worth the wait for me.

Only complaint I have is his wierd open mouth showing his chiclet teeth. The expression is a bit off.

I am interested in this as well. If that is a sphero, what did you do to weather it?

I wanna say it is, check out his "ankles" - they aren't 100% screen accurate, something indicative of of the Sphero. But I think I could overlook that if I can make it look like that.

Yes, considering how cheap the sphero is lately, it would be a great substitute if weathering can be done to make it look like that.

Just by a hair. Borderline negligibly so. Maybe you'd notice next to a 3PO but probably not next to a human.

Here’s a comparison of SS / Sphero / Medicom. And most say the SS is a bit undersized.

d126086fd2337008927deb4fee84a80e.jpg

Yeah, I guess I’d rather just have a SS r2, which also runs a bit small, and then separately have the sphero if I wanted the remote functionality.

Here’s a comparison of SS / Sphero / Medicom. And most say the SS is a bit undersized.

Yeah, I guess I’d rather just have a SS r2, which also runs a bit small, and then separately have the sphero if I wanted the remote functionality.

Huh, my mistake. I genuinely thought he was closer in size to the SS. I'd seen a picture which made them seem much closer in scale. Oh well. Back to waiting for that OT H2 R2. I like the TFA one but want the functionality that the SS offers, and I imagine that an OT HT one will do that.

The dome on the Sphero is great though for plastic.

Great weathering... looks like you did a bit of weathering on Vader as well?

I think the Taito R2-D2 from a few years back is still the cheapest 1/6 alternative, if recall correctly it's a very acurrately scaled and with a bit of weathering can look great. I haven't checked on price in a long time but I believe they were under $40.

Great weathering... looks like you did a bit of weathering on Vader as well?

I think the Taito R2-D2 from a few years back is still the cheapest 1/6 alternative, if recall correctly it's a very acurrately scaled and with a bit of weathering can look great. I haven't checked on price in a long time but I believe they were under $40.

Yes I did Vader as well. I put aluminum foil behind his lenses to really reflect the red and painted the "polygons" gunmetal to be movie accurate. No one really notices that his mask was not completely black. And I added Nick's and scratches all over him.
There are plenty of 1/6 alternatives out there. I do not want to spend over $100 for a Droid, that's madness.
I just ordered an R5 from Hasbro that cost me $15. I'll weather him up too!

Yes I did Vader as well. I put aluminum foil behind his lenses to really reflect the red and painted the "polygons" gunmetal to be movie accurate. No one really notices that his mask was not completely black. And I added Nick's and scratches all over him.
There are plenty of 1/6 alternatives out there. I do not want to spend over $100 for a Droid, that's madness.
I just ordered an R5 from Hasbro that cost me $15. I'll weather him up too!

Check out all my Jedi Luke pics on the official HT thread :wave

Sorry to bumping this thread guys.
The official thread for Luke Skywalker rotj MMS429 doesn't seem to exist anymore https://www.collectorfreaks.com/sta...ys-mms429-return-jedi-luke-skywalker-310.html

Can anybody please give me an advice where to get this broken part?

View attachment 694349

Thank you so much!
Is that from the arm or the leg?

Either way, Luke uses a slim TrueType so you’d probably have to buy a new one. Check Toy Anxiety. They may have some available plus they have a 40% off spring cleaning sale going on right now as well, so you won’t be paying full price

Is that from the arm or the leg?

Either way, Luke uses a slim TrueType so you’d probably have to buy a new one. Check Toy Anxiety. They may have some available plus they have a 40% off spring cleaning sale going on right now as well, so you won’t be paying full price

That is from the lightsaber arm.

They don't seem to have exact this arm. But I will just check them (and Monkey depot) from time to time.
Thank you so much for your help!

Back