RIP Anthony Bourdain, dead at 61

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Green

Super Freak
Reaction score
This news feed popped up on my phone this morning. Sad to hear. Enjoyed watching his shows and being able to see and learn about places and cultures that I probably wouldn’t normally have a chance to go to.

I dunno man, I just can’t understand mental health issues...I guess that’s a good thing. Everyone has their demons, and mental health issues don’t discriminate against race, social status, or economic status...but as a father, I can’t fathom killing myself no matter how bad things get, and messing up my kids’ lives.

That designer Kate Spade killed herself this week as well...and wrote a letter to her 13 year old daughter saying that she wasn’t to blame but essentially pointed the finger at her separated husband.

Just to be clear, not blaming these individuals for their choices. Just saying I cannot understand it.

It was a great show to keep in the background while doing chores, drinking a glass of wine. So sad.

You guys and gals would be surprised by the amount of sui people amongst you. I’ve heard multiple times from people that they are just driving down the highway and have the thought about pulling into oncoming traffic. Most don’t do this, but there’s a lot of morbid stuff out there.

Suicide accounts for 10% of all mortality.

So out of 10 deaths one is a suicide.

Rates are going way up, currently 30 higher than 1999.

Why? The invention of so called “anti depressants” and the complete lack of actual cognitive behavioral therapy.

Most anti depressants are barely able to show efficacy versus placebo. The drug companies have even changed the testing criteria to make the drugs seem more effective then they are.

This is also the reason for the increase in mass shootings. Most spree killers were on multiple medications , but had little to no therapy or guidance beyond “take this pill”

There is something more going on killing off stars by hangings i def believe something sinnister is going on and dont believe it's Suicide anymore. How do police know differnce between murder and suicide by hangings I dont know ? I was not a big fan or regular viewer just this does not fit the guy's character at all. He seemed a very carefree Happy traveler inteligent guy who wouldnt take this easy selfish way out imo.. If its some depressing pill or drug causing this type or rogue illumanitti murder's i dont know. I'm sticking to my guns on this messed up conspiracy theory. Just look why are people taklng easy way out from mass shootinng's to death by police there's something up and think both types are connected to drug companys depressive drugs or something again just sad.

i dont believe it either. not after the Linkin park singer. theres something definitely going on..... it doesnt make sense.

Back