Statue Pirates of The Caribbean Master Craft MC-003 Black Pearl 1/144 Scale Statue PX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassafras

Super Freak
Reaction score
Had this on PO so long forgot about it. Now I have a ship notice. *Pricey*:horror so hope when it arrives I think it's worth it. Not familiar with this company.

Doesn't seem to be much info around -
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/55311

in stock now, tho looks like Entertainment Earth will carry it too.

Edit: I feel better, there's a shot of the Black Pearl at about 1:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2qoPHIRo6o

A friend of mine was asking about the price when it's "so small". If the workmanship/paint is meticulous for me that's great, easier to display. I already have a Black Pearl from way back - Hamilton collectibles or something like that - so "smaller" for me is good.

Interesting. Looking forward to some in hand pics.

I'll get some up when it arrives for sure. Didn't realize Beast Kingdom make the Egg Attack figs which have generally good reviews - expensive figs but well-made. So I'm cautiously optimistic.:google

Love a company that makes clean paint a priority.:clap

It’s pricing is pretty standard for today’s market place.
I don’t think it’s ‘pricey’ and I don’t think you should expect amazing craftsmen ship and paint apps for that price...

It’s pricing is pretty standard for today’s market place.
I don’t think it’s ‘pricey’ and I don’t think you should expect amazing craftsmen ship and paint apps for that price...

Nice warning because "amazing craftsmen ship and paint apps" isn't what I got.

But my short verdict is - IMO overpriced but - but - it's real nice too. Er. :wacky Either the mold or the glued in parts - not easy to tell - was carefully done. Huge amount of detail with *stuff* scattered around the deck. Ship lines carefully tied on and even different weights of "cord". It's not flimsy - but the base is where the real weight is, completely solid because of the light-up. They give you a USB cord but no charger, so you just plug in at the back and use your own charger or computer or whatever. One of my lights doesn't glow really well. The ship fits on a single pin in the base and just plug in - no switch. The keel also slots into a groove e.g. a solid fit.

It does look cool lighted and also just shining a light on the base gives some interesting glow-ey effects. I'm not fussing about the light so much as IMO light features always a pain in the *** one way or the other. Far as I can tell if the LED goes there's no way to replace, ever, anyway.

Outside of the base paint, the paint seems to be quick daubs highlighting stuff, here and there. If I wanted a nice, small representation of the Pearl for a shelf, that's what I got, and I like the ship being on water. I like the size being something manageable with a lot of detail. A customizer could have fun repainting all the deck stuff.

IMO not for everyone but POTC lover, ship modeler etc. would love this. May be the best reasonable? representation of the Pearl outside of a custom - I own another one from way back, but it's kind of a pain to deal with re the size at times, and it's a little fragile. The sails on this one are far better done and not as cheesy too. I'm keeping mine:cool:. Some quick cell pics...

BeastKingdom_BlackPearl1.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearl2.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearl3.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearlfront.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearll_dark.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearl_lights.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearl_deck.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearll_stern.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearll_sails.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearll_stern.jpg

BeastKingdom_BlackPearll_Jack.jpg

Glad you’re happy with it.
Does look nice and the light up waves look sweet in the last shot!

Glad you’re happy with it.
Does look nice and the light up waves look sweet in the last shot!

Thanks! Thing is, the waves don't light up. Only the cabin and lanterns do (which does look cool). But thanks to the resin? used for the base, it's real easy to position the piece so the waves *glow*.

Gotta admit it looks cool on the shelf in silhouette. The base looks more like glass from a few feet away, and it's obvious the ship lines are *real*. Beast Kingdom did a careful job with this, tho I would have preferred access to the lights. But other companies are no different. :dunno

Again, it's not for everyone. But worth having IMO. A deliberately dark cell shot, showing off the silhouette it makes:

BeastKingdom_BlackPearll_dark2.jpg

Thanks for the inhand pics and review, for cost reasons I ultimately cancelled this and got a model kit for less than $50, same scale basically, this looks like a cool piece but I think I lucked out ultimately saving a few hundred, this doesn't quite have the wow the press photos gave off.

Thanks for the inhand pics and review, for cost reasons I ultimately cancelled this and got a model kit for less than $50, same scale basically, this looks like a cool piece but I think I lucked out ultimately saving a few hundred, this doesn't quite have the wow the press photos gave off.

IMO you are better off at this price point. Don't mean to sound really negative - I'm keeping it after all:cool:. But there are *nits* I have for the price - that the paint would be more detailed; access to the lights in case a bulb or battery goes. It IS careful work but IMO nothing a good model couldn't be, except for the base, maybe.

The base is admittedly cool, even unlit. And I'm not in a place right now to assemble a model. Good luck with the kit!:)

Where would one get a general pirate ship model?

Like, if I just liked pirate decor and I wanted to get an accurate scaled model.

I see some on home furnishing stores, but they are all like $600 or more, and it just seems absurd.

IMO you are better off at this price point. Don't mean to sound really negative - I'm keeping it after all:cool:. But there are *nits* I have for the price - that the paint would be more detailed; access to the lights in case a bulb or battery goes. It IS careful work but IMO nothing a good model couldn't be, except for the base, maybe.

The base is admittedly cool, even unlit. And I'm not in a place right now to assemble a model. Good luck with the kit!:)

Thanks, I’m actually done, it was a pain, especially with large hands, but satisfying in the end. I did have to add some sails on my own but it worked out and looks great on display.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27340&p=9685660&viewfull=1#post9685660

The base here is nice and more elaborate, there are some details about the Pearl itself that seem missing.

I don’t think you should expect amazing craftsmen ship and paint apps for that price...

CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC

Back