Do you prefer your boxes come plastic wrapped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
So most of my 3A toy boxes cam wrapped with plastic wrapper. Today got my Mass Effect Shepard and notice it did not came with a wrapper. the box has matte finish and looks dull compared to the glossy look with wrapper.

Hot Toys boxes normally come unwrapped but they use thicker boards but i believe wrapper helps make the boxes look better & hides any imperfection like dings & dongs.

Only issue is usually the wrapper has tears & holes.

Yes, protects box from abrasion damage and if figure gets left in rain when delivered helps protect contents as well.

not sure about the rain part. most of the time the wrapper has holes all around especially edges.

I guess for some people who don't care about value, protection when shipping/moving, storing accessories, artwork on the box itself, etc... maybe, but those aren't the people I would want to take advice from in the first place.

most folks do like the Hong Kong youtube guy who explained why he throws all his boxes in the bin even though he appreciate the works put into designing & making the boxes. space for them boxes just cost tens of thousands to maintain.

protection when shipping/moving

When you're moving, throw them into a box with some towels to separate. Most figures are just plastic with some cloth parts, not faberge eggs.

Obv. statues are a bit different, but figures? Pffft.

Last edited:
When you're moving, throw them into a box with some towels to separate. Most figures are just plastic with some cloth parts, not faberge eggs.

Obv. statues are a bit different, but figures? Pffft.

Good luck with all the extra accessories, bases, backdrops, etc... Statues are a must, but I would say most figures need their boxes too.

Good luck with all the extra accessories, bases, backdrops, etc... Statues are a must, but I would say most figures need their boxes too.

most of the figures nowadays come with lots of accessories that you put on the figure and few weapons and a stand and most of the time you can't put the figure back in the box with all the accessories installed.

I have to say, I do get a tinge of disappointment when I buy a used HT figure that doesn’t have the original bag packaged around it, but generally only if it is packed inside the original shipper. As someone else pointed out, it does seem to help prevent scuffs on the art box from the shipper box. But what really annoys me, and maybe only just me, is getting a used figure without any of the protective baggies that it originally shipped with to cover the head, arms, legs, etc. I don’t know why, but it really does bother me. I always just chuck all that stuff back into the box after I take a figure out, but it’s like this other person made the conscious decision to throw it all away when they opened their figure. Whenever I open a figure, my immediate thought is to keep everything in case I have to put it back into storage or even sell it on. And it really, really bothers me with Iron Man figures where certain sections could easily run up again other parts of the body inside the box, or just plain snap off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to say, I do get a tinge of disappointment when I buy a used HT figure that doesn’t have the original bag packaged around it, but generally only if it is packed inside the original shipper. As someone else pointed out, it does seem to help prevent scuffs on the art box from the shipper box. But what really annoys me, and maybe only just me, is getting a used figure without any of the protective baggies that it originally shipped with to cover the head, arms, legs, etc. I don’t know why, but it really does bother me. I always just chuck all that stuff back into the box after I take a figure out, but it’s like this other person made the conscious decision to throw it all away when they opened their figure. Whenever I open a figure, my immediate thought is to keep everything in case I have to put it back into storage or even sell it on. And it really, really bothers me with Iron Man figures where certain sections could easily run up again other parts of the body inside the box, or just plain snap off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me too. i just put all the plastic back into the box. not like they take space or add much weight. do you remove the round box sticker carefully and stick it onto a sticker backpaper so it can be reused later? i do.

the only thing i throw away are the normal tapes used to tape around the plastic holders, but nowadays less company do that.

I toss the plastic back in the box also but half the time they don't fit right or rip (from the tape) when i try to use them again and i endup tossing them anyway. There are some boxes i will save like for IM, fragile, lots of accessories or higher value figures like the DX11. I tossed my Black Panther box the day i got it and i threw out a bunch of boxes about a year ago that are from low value figures with or without the box. I don't have a ton of space and have 130 plus figures.

Back