Action Figure NECA Friday the 13th Ultimate Part 5 “Dream Sequence” Jason

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caped Baldy

Super Freak
Reaction score
NECA presents the definitive collector’s version of Jason from Friday the 13: A New Beginning! This is Jason as he appears in the nightmares that haunt Tommy, who has been living in mental institutions since he killed Jason in Part 4.

This deluxe 7” scale action figure features over 25 points of articulation and comes with 4 unique, interchangeable heads to represent different dreams (bloody mask, resurrection mask, grave mask and a special mask based on the one-sheet poster). It’s also packed with accessories–machete, axe, ice pick, and tombstone. Bonus: includes an extra left hand with split fingers that can be used with this figure or the Ultimate Part 4 Jason!

Comes in a display-friendly deluxe window box with opening flap.

NECA-Part-5-Dream-Sequence-Jason-001.jpg

NECA-Part-5-Dream-Sequence-Jason-002.jpg

NECA-Part-5-Dream-Sequence-Jason-010.jpg

WORMS!! :panic:

Ugh, over an actual Roy? How about Part 7 or Part 8.. I'll get it to support the line but a repaint of Final Chapter figure is pretty lame.

Ugh, over an actual Roy? How about Part 7 or Part 8.. I'll get it to support the line but a repaint of Final Chapter figure is pretty lame.

Randy hinted today that Roy could be down the road eventually.

And three more F13 ultimate figures are planned for next year. My guess is part 7, 8 and Jason goes to hell.

Just frustrated, already owned the original Part 3 & 4 figures (battle damaged and clean) the part 6 figure being the first ultimate Jason figure was awesome to get, considering it was a new mold and a Jason that hadn't been done since Mezco awhile back. I don't think a part 8 figure has even been done before by any company. NECA did a part 7 long ago, don't like the MEGO style figs so passed on Roy.

I was hoping for a Roy but I do like the Dream Jason a lot but damn they could have changed some of the sculpt around it's basically a Part 4 repaint. The accessories are nice as is the box. I'm getting but kind of underwhelmed a bit with it.

The box is a thing of beauty. But, yes, I echo the same sentiments: lame that it's just a repaint.

I like it. Sure, it's a rework of part IV, and it's not the Ultimate Roy that we want, but I think it works. The accessories look fantastic, I love the different head options. For a repaint with some new parts I think it's clever, not as lame as some of the variants/repaints we've seen over the years. Plus I love that box art.

The more I look at this, the more it grows on me as a fun variant to have.

Will buy this, will buy Roy if they release him. They should because they did him in those retro with clothes line

I’m in, it’s not like NECA figures are a huge investment and I like the accessories. Kinda wish it was either Roy or a later Jason but I’ll take it.

I'm definitely going to get multiples as I do with all the NECA Jasons. Packaging is great, accessories are good. Paint and design looks well executed.... this still sucks though.

I want to believe it's because NECA is a small company and needs to milk that sculpt to offset the cost of tooling up a whole new figure but I just can't. Just make the figures people want. It's not hard. NECA is behaving like ****ing Mattel with this kind of crap. Again, I'll buy it because I want a figure from every movie.

On Twitter they said there are 3 in line for next year. I guarantee that one or two of those will be "re-tooled" of either the old Part 7 Jason statue figure and/or Freddy vs Jason. They just gotta get these things done. I would like to see Mezco do all movies in the one:12 style but only if they move away from that somewhat stylized look of the part 3 they had up for pre-order.

I wonder what's behind the masks. Same heads as Part 4? I like the accessories but I don't need a repaint right now. I'll be waiting for Roy or Part 7, whichever comes first. Oh, forgot Part 2 which is around the corner.

I want to believe it's because NECA is a small company and needs to milk that sculpt to offset the cost of tooling up a whole new figure but I just can't. Just make the figures people want. It's not hard. NECA is behaving like ****ing Mattel with this kind of crap. Again, I'll buy it because I want a figure from every movie.

On Twitter they said there are 3 in line for next year. I guarantee that one or two of those will be "re-tooled" of either the old Part 7 Jason statue figure and/or Freddy vs Jason. They just gotta get these things done. I would like to see Mezco do all movies in the one:12 style but only if they move away from that somewhat stylized look of the part 3 they had up for pre-order.

That's basically how their business works though. If they didn't retool and just sculpted a new body from scratch for every figure, the prices of tooling would ride, and thus the prices we pay for the figures would likely increase as well.

If a couple of slight retools/repaints ultimately allow them to acquire funds to give us a brand new mold for part 8 or Jason X for example (I say 'new' lightly here as Jason's always going to have some reused parts like the legs) then I can't really complain, even if I'm not a huge buyer of repaints themselves.

It's all about cost effectiveness in many ways. They said they make pretty big losses making the Predator figures but just about make their money back through sales (seeing as popular as the line is).

That's crazy. The Preds all look the same to me except for the armor pieces. To me, it's the worst of re-paints with very, very minor re-tooling. Again, I'm not really "with it" on the Predator stuff so I'm probably way off base there. I figured the Preds were among the most profitable of lines they do, along with Aliens. If that is the case, I don't know how the F13 line survives. I appreciate what they do but I feel like they take a risk every time they put out a part 3 or 4 because I think it kills some interest every time.

So for those wondering, the masks for the dream sequence Jason does not come off and is permanently glued to the head. No face underneath which kind of makes sense I guess?

So for those wondering, the masks for the dream sequence Jason does not come off and is permanently glued to the head. No face underneath which kind of makes sense I guess?

While I would never turn down an extra head sculpt it makes sense they did that and besides isn’t V coming with 4 heads!

I can’t believe just how many 1/12 teenager murdering weapons I have in a zip lock bag lol

I need more Jasons.

Last edited:
Back