COOMODEL 1/6 Empire Series - (New Lightweight Metal) Milanese Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
COOMODEL 1/6 Empire series - (new lightweight metal) Milan Knight R & D monitoring ....

175528q22o3gi0i0sba5fb.jpg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=341017&extra=page=1&page=1

Will look great next to the Gothic Knight figure they just shipped. It turned out even better than the promo pics IMHO.

The figure they teased has been named SE036 Famiglia Ducale.

(SE037 looks identical apart from having a less historical looking helmet. SE038 is a pack of two figures plus anachronistic shields and a few other accessories).

COOMODEL NO.SE036 DIE-CAST ALLOY 1/6 SERIES OF EMPIRES - KNIGHTS OF THE REALM - FAMIGLIA DUCALE

BAR CODE:6971242120563

The 1/6 scale Famiglia Ducale Collectible Figure specially features:

- One (1) head sculpture
- One (1) body
- Ten (10) pieces of interchangeable palms (2 bare fists, 2 open palms, 2 weapon holding hands, 2 open armored hands, and 2 weapon holding armored hands)

Costumes:
- One (1) red shirt
- One (1) pair of black tight pants
- One (1) suit of upper body chain armor
- One (1) silver distressed helmet
- One (1) suit of silver distressed armor
- One (1) pair of silver distressed standing collar shoulder armor (magnetic attached)
- One (1) double layer belt (PVC)
- One (1) pair of silver distressed vambraces
- One (1) pair of silver distressed knee armor
- One (1) pair of silver distressed crushes
- One (1) pair of silver distressed shoes

Weapons:
- One (1) knight sword
- One (1) sword scabbard
- One (1) silver war hammer
- One (1) silver halberd

Accessory:
- One (1) black figure stand

190436ty126h1ahv71d1tm.jpg

190437j987agag6yf5dzbt.jpg

190439oucq8zuu4z8wdm6u.jpg

190440m89r59nkz0ze388f.jpg

190441iplmvx4zlp70076n.jpg

Photos of all three codes here:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=344143&extra=page=1

This guy looks really great but I’m invested in there Samurai Line now . I don’t have room for all these different Genre’s.

Damn... that looks so cool!
I wonder why they don't go full out on Excalibur figures...
No need to name them as such, just do the beautiful armor!

pc160012.jpg

pc160010.jpg

Already have him since beginning of November but just now unpacked it and took some pics. Love it.

I wonder why they don't go full out on Excalibur figures...

No damned kidding. Talk about a set of armor that is money just waiting to be taken off the table, INCLUDING Mordred. I'd throw money at a manufacturer for a die-cast set of Mordred's armor, if not the rank and file of the Excalibur knights.

I'm building my own round table knights and diorama right now. It is farfrom perfect using king lionheart as king arthur (replacing shieldand coat of arms though) and various coo knights and others as round table knights!

But i would also buy original excalibur figures :)

The SE036 'Knight of the Realm - Famiglia Ducale' was delivered this afternoon.

This was the one of their many variations that I chose to represent a late fifteenth century Milanese harness.

It's not perfect, but it is very striking.

I must a have spent an hour or so this morning scanning the net and going through numerous Osprey books covering the period, mainly looking at one particular aspect: tassets!

In about 1500 a style of flexible armour that became known as 'Almain rivet' was created in Germany. Overlapping metal lames were connected by rivets, and were able to slide on the rivets to afford flexibility to the tassets.

It was only when I got the figure in hand that I could discern that the tassets looked less flexible than Almain rivet. There are two rows of slightly off-set rivets, and they're moulded with an outward curve giving the impression of forming a single, more rigid piece of armour. Neither are they body forming as Almain rivet tassets tend to be.

Tassets made from lames were in use during the second half of the fifteenth century, though apparently not that common. There were a couple of examples among the Osprey books: a mid-fifteenth century German crossbowman, and a late fifteenth century Italian crossbowman.

In the Karsten Klingbeil collection, Berlin, was this c.1480 south German and Austrian composite:

46280164244_7bf9cb31e4_o.jpg

So, depending how you view the tassets the armour can represent either the late fifteenth century, or well into the sixteenth.

Before putting on the larger pauldrons, I think he looks quite good with the just the spaulders on the upper arms:

33133152518_2fcdb3271a_o.jpg

46284386944_7dc88589c5_o.jpg

A pair of tassets as culet armour:

46284386874_0bb7cce872_o.jpg

Italian armour often had asymmetrical pauldrons, smaller on the dominant arm to assist movement for combat. It's not always the case, as there are examples where both left and right are identical.

At first glance the CooModel pauldrons appeared identical, but it became apparent that the right pauldron is wider from front to back. It's likely an accidental casting variation, because there's a magnet underneath it that's too far away from the breastplate to make contact. So it's held on only by the magnet that meets the spaulder.

If it was unintentional then it's a lucky accident, because it creates an asymmetry providing the sword arm with a little more range of motion.

33133152298_1927c717b4_o.jpg

46284387004_c237877d7c_o.jpg

On the negative side, all the straps and belts are made of stiff plastic. No doubt it was done for longevity, but it's a strange choice reminiscent of a Marx knight from the 1960s.

Because the plastic is so stiff it's harder to tighter the belts as it would be with leather or pleather. He comes wearing a narrow belt, and there are two other wider belts packed in a bag that need to be put on. These have loops to hold the scabbard and warhammer. The scabbard would slide out of the loop if you're not careful. When scabbarded the crossguard of the sword secures the scabbard.

Because the belts are less flexible than pleather there they get bulky when all three are worn together. So I removed the narrower one.

It would be pretty simply to remake the belts in leather. All you'd have to do is remove the buckles; cut a couple of strips of leather; shape the ends and glue the buckles to the leather belts. It's something I'll probably do when I get the inclination. But for now the black plastic is passable.

Another negative is that the camera flash highlights the openness of the mail. It isn't that apparent on display.

I remade the sword and warhammer belts this morning using real leather instead of the nasty stiff plastic:

33139155478_98d7aec22e_o.jpg

I finally got my hands on the doulbe figure set. While I still think they look among the best of all the knights from coomodel, I thought that the quality was a bit down from the last few models. Royal Knight was the best of the series imo, despite his heavy armor this guy was steady and very well built.

The Milanese knights are a bit more wonky not standing that easily and the armor and helmets feel a bit...cheaper..don't know why. Also I had some small delivery damages -> for example the left hangig part on the frontside of the armor was loose and I had to put the rivet back in with a small hammer. I hope it will hold.

Otherwise these knights rock and will look great on any shelf! Don't miss them if you are into medieval figures. :)

I finally got my hands on the doulbe figure set. While I still think they look among the best of all the knights from coomodel, I thought that the quality was a bit down from the last few models. Royal Knight was the best of the series imo, despite his heavy armor this guy was steady and very well built.

The Milanese knights are a bit more wonky not standing that easily and the armor and helmets feel a bit...cheaper..don't know why. Also I had some small delivery damages -> for example the left hangig part on the frontside of the armor was loose and I had to put the rivet back in with a small hammer. I hope it will hold.

Otherwise these knights rock and will look great on any shelf! Don't miss them if you are into medieval figures. :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these. Would be great if you could post some pictures . [emoji3][emoji106]

Thanks. So far I only have a few outdoor shots and artsy pictures because that is what I use most of my figures for. Will do some out of the box pictures or without helmet next few days.

dsc09212.jpg

dsc09310.jpg

dsc09213.jpg

Back