Media Fallout 76

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.bowen

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/-ye84Zrqndo According to a source it is online and will not be a traditional single player RPG so if its the case bethesda has literally gotten to the point were they've removed everything fallout from a fallout game.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/-ye84Zrqndo According to a source it is online and will not be a traditional single player RPG so if its the case bethesda has literally gotten to the point were they've removed everything fallout from a fallout game.

I hope that is not the case. I only prefer single player and if it's not I'm out. I like to think it will be like New Vegas; utilizing the same engine from the previous game and is like a full game expansion.

I think the use of the 76 in the title is a good indication they are separating it from the main series and its not simply Fallout 5.
Its either a full online MMO or potentially one of those permadeath online survival games.

I think for the next Fallout, it'd be interesting to take place in another country...maybe even China (though the game would likely be banned over there...), just to see how other countries have changed with the worldwide nuclear apocalypse.

If it stays in the USA, maybe a return to California...or there's also Chicago and New York City (with possibly ventures in Canada). Though I think the Fallout history says NYC was basically a radiated dump.

I think for the next Fallout, it'd be interesting to take place in another country...maybe even China (though the game would likely be banned over there...), just to see how other countries have changed with the worldwide nuclear apocalypse.

If it stays in the USA, maybe a return to California...or there's also Chicago and New York City (with possibly ventures in Canada). Though I think the Fallout history says NYC was basically a radiated dump.

I was speaking to my brother and I would love if it got moved. I get the Northeast has the major cities to give it an antique but also retro look. But damn, give me Miami, or Los Angeles, or Chicago!

But yeah, I believe they mentioned the nukes only hit the North/East.

I actually hope it isn't single-player. Adulthood ****ing sucks, I have no time for SP games anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm only a quarter of the way done with God of War and I try to play an hour or so every day. Most of the time, I just hop on Battlefield and play 2-4 matches and call it a night.

If this has anything to do with settlement building, I'm out. Definitely down to spend a bunch of hours exploring and gathering materials for personal gain. Don't care about helping people out after 4. I know it will never happen, but a Fallout 2 re-make with the current engine would be my dream Fallout game.

If this has anything to do with settlement building, I'm out. Definitely down to spend a bunch of hours exploring and gathering materials for personal gain. Don't care about helping people out after 4. I know it will never happen, but a Fallout 2 re-make with the current engine would be my dream Fallout game.
I agree with the remake 1, 2 and tactics are my favourites out of the series but id prefer it remade in an engine like the one inXile used for wasteland 2.

Appears it is an online survival game:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/06/bethesdas-e3-2018-conference-the-liveblog/

From article:

"Each of those characters is a real person," Todd Howard says. Fallout 76 is an "entirely online" game, he adds.

Yes: you can play Fallout 76 solo. "About four years ago, we hit upon an idea that's perfect for Fallout: open world, survival, every person and character is real."

It's more softcore-survival, Howard explains, rather than going the extreme survival route. "Death never means the loss of progression, or your character ... you'll never even see a server when you play. You'll be in a world with dozens, not hundreds, not thousands of other players. It's an apocalypse, not an amusement park."

Sounds like a concession to what the underlying engine was capable of supporting. Throwing other humans into a Fallout game is a titanic-sized wrench.

Damn it, I cracked and put in my order for the 'power armour edition'.
....I mean who doesn't need a 1:1 scale wearable power armour helmet with light up features....

Mmm...T-51 PA helmet...

tenor.gif

So it sounds like theres no human npc's as every human character will be another player. I keep hearing people talk about playing solo and they dont realise that solo and single player are not the same thing. You cannot have a single player game that's strictly online and you cant have mutch of a story without npc's so im a bit sceptical about what the quests will be like. I honestly hate these sorts of games, you play for 3 hrs get decent gear then some 12 year old kid that lvl 100 kills you from across the map and takes all ur gear.

So it sounds like theres no human npc's as every human character will be another player. I keep hearing people talk about playing solo and they dont realise that solo and single player are not the same thing. You cannot have a single player game that's strictly online and you cant have mutch of a story without npc's so im a bit sceptical about what the quests will be like. I honestly hate these sorts of games, you play for 3 hrs get decent gear then some 12 year old kid that lvl 100 kills you from across the map and takes all ur gear.

I mostly agree but they have said this isn’t ‘hardcore survival’ and so hopefully there’ll be stuff in there for players like us:

It's more softcore-survival, Howard explains, rather than going the extreme survival route. "Death never means the loss of progression, or your character ...

Elder Scrolls Online is pretty much for casual gamers as well so fingers crossed there’s something in there for everyone.

I mostly agree but they have said this isn’t ‘hardcore survival’ and you won’t lose your progress when dying.
Im hoping when they say you wont lose you're progress that it includes you're equipment but im honestly thinking they're talking about you just keeping youre character and lvl

Im hoping when they say you wont lose you're progress that it includes you're equipment but im honestly thinking they're talking about you just keeping youre character and lvl

Yeah definitely depends on how they define ‘progress’.
I think base building is the focus of the game so that may be the ‘progress’ as well.

That makes me wonder how the nukes will actually work because people store all their stuff in their base and if that gets nuked you would presume you lose everything so they really should have answered more clearly how the game actually works, the talked about the game for 25 minutes but really told us barely anything that the leaks hadn't already said.

That makes me wonder how the nukes will actually work because people store all their stuff in their base and if that gets nuked you would presume you lose everything so they really should have answered more clearly how the game actually works, the talked about the game for 25 minutes but really told us barely anything that the leaks hadn't already said.
I didn’t hear that bit.
I thought the footage was just showing how the war began. I don’t think you’re going to be able to nuke each other?

Back