Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758

Default Re: Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I'm rubbish at painting. I'm fine at building, but i couldn't do a decent face. So i'll farm it out to some local warhammer expert.
    I've looked at various 1/6 sculpt painting tutorials, some involving pastels, but I only know working with acrylics.

Because I haven't painted miniatures for many years my paint supply is depleted and old, so I had to make do with what was still usable. For the red shirt and wrist disc I had to breathe life into a long dead pot of Games Workshop Blood Red.

Here's a little scale test alongside another bare bones figure:

The back of Qi'ra's skirt means that the crotch grabber pushes her towards the front of the base, so I staggered them so that they're standing level with each other.

Qi'ra is the perfect height for a 1/6 Emilia Clarke. HT Leia is a little too tall, as I think they've all been.

It ain't the years honey
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Can we move all Qira chatter to the customs board? This thread is for the Han figure and I keep seeing it bumped thinking there is an update.

Last Son Of Krypton
    Feedback
    75 (100%)
    Follow Username On Twitter Add Username on Facebook Visit Username's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    I've looked at various 1/6 sculpt painting tutorials, some involving pastels, but I only know working with acrylics.

Because I haven't painted miniatures for many years my paint supply is depleted and old, so I had to make do with what was still usable. For the red shirt and wrist disc I had to breathe life into a long dead pot of Games Workshop Blood Red.

Here's a little scale test alongside another bare bones figure:

The back of Qi'ra's skirt means that the crotch grabber pushes her towards the front of the base, so I staggered them so that they're standing level with each other.

Qi'ra is the perfect height for a 1/6 Emilia Clarke. HT Leia is a little too tall, as I think they've all been.
    Yeah.
    It's to be expected. They can't source an unlimited amount of different height female bodies. They are getting better with making the male bodies closer to the correct heights. But they will never perfect the height issue with the female ones.

And well done with the paint work. It's looking great.
    Well, they're not scared of dying. They're just scared of looking bad on tv...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Can we move all Qira chatter to the customs board? This thread is for the Han figure and I keep seeing it bumped thinking there is an update.
    It bugs me too. Every time I see a notification, I get excited that it could finally be an update, only for it to be a picture of a custom Qi-Ra figure. They?re well made customs, but this is not the place for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Personally I don't mind. When Solo is released we will know it. Pointless bumps to say "where is this figure" or "has this been cancelled" are the annoying ones.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Personally I don't mind. When Solo is released we will know it. Pointless bumps to say "where is this figure" or "has this been cancelled" are the annoying ones.
    But a majority of the post lately are about a figure that is neither Han Solo or from Hot Toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No NRD here... MODERATOR
    Feedback
    Point taken, but some leeway here since it is a character from the same movie and this thread would be dead if some interest wasn't shown for it. I hope he posts shots of this custom with the Solo figure when it finally arrives (even if the outfit is from an earlier part of the movie) Maybe someone will throw in a PO who hasn't yet based on the traffic here.

I still think these two Solo figures are going to have real small editions once they eventually arrive.