New to the hobby and the forum.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee Man

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new collector, living in Wisconsin, mostly collecting 1/4 scale statues and a few PVC anime figures. I'm happy to have discovered this forum, and look forward to using it as a place to make purchases, if possible. (Been having trouble using the site so far...)

Hello [emoji3]

This forum is tricky af to use at first. You'll get the hang of it.

To purchase anything, you'll have to become a premium member I believe. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.)

Anywho, welcome, and say goodbye to your cash and space. [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to think of it, this might be the best time to ask a couple questions about that.

First, I tried unsuccessfully to join this forum for weeks, getting messages about "suspicious activity" and being "unable to detect my country" etc. Finally it worked, though.

Then, I tried PMing a member who had something for sale. I'm not sure if it was successful...at least, the lack of a read receipt shows it didn't get read.

Now, I've tried replying in the thread he created for his statue, and it says I'm not allowed.

Wow, what am I doing wrong? I know I just joined, but that was the main reason I joined, and this site's whole setup basically made me miss out on the item. Hopefully, I can get things in order for when someone's selling something else I want. I greatly prefer to give my money to other collectors if I'm buying something older, instead of giving it to someone on eBay who hoarded 5 or 6 pieces exclusively as an opportunity to make a profit off of fans.

Hello [emoji3]

To purchase anything, you'll have to become a premium member I believe. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.)

Uhh...that would explain my troubles if true. That's disappointing.

:welcome1:

You must be a Premium Member to sell on the board, but anyone can buy from those members. I'm not sure why you aren't able to post in the sales thread though. Here's what the site FAQ says about new members:

New Members

When first joining the forum you will be categorized as a “New Member.”
New Members must have 5 posts before they will be able to post pictures, post links or to send private messages to other members.
After 5 posts New Members will be able to post like everyone else, however they will not be able to use signatures or post visitor messages. They will also not be able to upgrade to Premium Membership. After 30 days if a New Member has over 20 posts they will be automatically upgraded to Full Member and they can then pay for an upgrade to Premium Member.

Hello and :welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Back