VINCENT from the Black Hole WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's something i have been working on for the last few weeks. It's the old MPC Vincent kit (issued 1979) which i have owned for the last 10 years. There is no scale listed, but it looks about right for 1/6. They crop up on Ebay from time to time, but expect to pay hefty prices for an unbuilt example. I wanted to make mine with all the bells and whistles, but no add-on parts. Interior space is the biggest hurdle, so some compromises had to be made. The movie cheats a little, as some parts occupy the same space as others when folded in.

Here is how it looks from the box:

black-hole-cent-vincent-model-kit-mpc_1_5c4eb8f629c9f3668e0a606678dc8026.jpg

vin1.jpg

vin2.jpg

Detail of some of the internal mechanisms:

vin3.jpg

vin4.jpg

I love Vincent and Old Bob. John Barry's score is amazing too. I look forward to seeing Vincent completed. Looks great so far.

That's a great kit--I loved Vincent! My favorite robot in the film though was Maximilian. He had a great "robot villain" design. I know it's a desperate long shot, but I'd love to see someone make 1/6 versions of Vincent, Maximilian, and Bob.

Vincent looks to be the right size for 1/6. There is a resin kit of Old Bob that's similarly scaled, which i will likely pick up. The MPC kit of Max is definitely under size. On screen he looks about 7ft, but with a gap of about a foot, about 6ft in actual height. The kit is 11" tall on stand, with a gap of about 1 inch. So 10" tall when he really should be about 12". I do have the kit, but it's likely i will have to build him from scratch for an accurate look.

Completed leg assembly

vin5.jpg

Extended

vin6.jpg

Front arms

vin7.jpg

A tight squeeze

vin8.jpg

Beefed up his hat so it is stronger and does not rotate with the eyes.

vin9.jpg

Oh wow!
Just took a trip down memory lane.
Now I feel like watching the movie again.
Thank you for sharing and looking forward to the final build.

Back