Prop Anovos OT Officer hat vs RO officer hat - Difference?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCFETT

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Anovos OT Officer Hat (Black) that was on preorder at Entertainmentearth.com just canceled on me. They are saying they have a Rogue One Officer Hat (also Black) that appears to be very similar.

Are there any known difference between the OT and the RO Officer hats? Or at least what Anovos is producing? Or did they just have to change the name due to licensing....

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

The hats seem very similar. The standard line OT hat and the RO had are both synthetic twill so nothing lost there. The RO comes with an additional code disc that has the Imperial emblem on it like Krennic wore.

There might be minute differences in the overall shape and design since they were both supposed to be designed after their respective screen used props. The description for the OT hat says taken from OT props, the RO hat says RO props.

But I'd be hard pressed to tell the exact differences between the hats on screen. I seems the hat and uniform were designed to closely mimic the OT version albeit idealized. Certainly less deviation than other RO props like the X-Wing helmets and flight suits, TIE pilot, and Stormtrooper.

You should try to reach out to ANOVOS and ask if there are any significant differences in the hats. Their customer service is slow but generally helpful.

If you choose to get the RO hat from EE, you should ask them if they'll give it to you for the OT hat price as the RO one is $10 more since they couldn't fulfill your order.

Thank you MyenShi for your input. Anovos appears to not be able to clarify any differences other than "they are very similar". They did allow me to have the RO version at the OT price, so at the very least the hat will be very similar and I get an extra disc greeblie for free. I'll take that to the bank.

Appreciate the help bud!

No worries. Yeah I'd take the free disc and not worry about it as well if it were me.

Were you planning on displaying it or trooping in it? The 501st CRL for the officer doesn't distinguish between movies so I'm sure no one would comment, let alone notice.

And if it's just for display then it'll likely look the same to pretty much anyone that sees it. It's cool to have that extra disc to switch to the Krennic version.

Also, awesome Fett suit. More importantly, you got the attitude down in the posing. A lot of people overlook that but you definitely nail it in your photos.

Last edited:
My goal is to have an imperial wall display. Like an armory with some helmets, hats, blasters etc. I've been going Anovos so far just out of convenience, but I have a "Moncal" AT-ST driver helmet and goggles I got from a 501st guy, and I ordered the imperial gunner and navy trooper from a 501st guy named Radu also, who is taking forever, what I'm left with is what's still on pre-order from Anovos; AT-AT driver and Snowtrooper and not sure what I'm going to do about a Scout Trooper and Royal Guard. I'm thinking maybe the Rubies Deluxe for Royal Guard and not that I could get on but looks like the EFX Scout is a bust, so maybe RS Props? Not sure, I'm hoping Anovos will get to that but seems like RS Props already has a perfect one so I'll think about it more and keep collecting my pennies lol.

Thanks for checking out my Fett and the kind words, I love portraying him so it's cool to hear that thanks man. I like him especially because I don't have to talk much, I never reveal myself either I keep it OT real, and I can just nod or shake my head, stare people down or just walk through group photos I'm not in like I don't even care. Nothing more ruthless than a walk-by photobomb by Fett hahaha. It's kind of fun to silently portray attitude. I love messing with the Jedi kids. I started carrying around a Slave Leia collar and randomly enslaving people, that's been a hit too. lol

That's great. Doing the photobomb thing is basically canon at this point since that's all special edition ANH Fett does. :lol

We have the same collection focus then. I have about two dozen helmets and a handful of blasters, most of them part of the Imperial armory.

I was going to go to Intergalactic Supply for the gunner. Maybe you can try them if you the builder you went to has a backlog.

For the Royal Guard, I went with the Rubies you're considering. I think it's a great piece for the money. Fits in with everything else nicely. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

I have a Studio Creations Scout helmet I'm happy with, but it's hard to beat RS. I always recommend RS to everyone as the first choice. Amazing people to work with.

We are in the same boat for sure then! Appreciate the thoughts on the helmets, thanks man!

Who did you go with for blasters? I was thinking hyperfirm but not sure how I feel about them just being a solid piece, as oppose to a prop with moving parts / more detailed. I do have a master replicas E-11 (man if I only knew then what I know now I would've bought as many as I could of these) and my kit built ESB Fett EE-3 Carbine, but the MR stuff is now way too expensive and it seems not many options out there for high quality blasters from a single vendor. I did find this guy on etsy who has an impressive offering:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ProCoPrin...Nr0MZb3kcLk&eaid=5924457156&x_eaid=abbbc14099

but not sure about 3d printed stuff, what I do like is that there are a lot of moving pieces and he uses real metal on parts like scopes.

We really are in the same boat, haha.

I went with HFX's hyperfirm blasters, mostly for the big rifles like the DLT-19 and T-21. I think hyperfirm is best suited for something like that. You definitely can't tell it's rubber unless you're looking at it up close.

I ordered from ProCoPrint once and the quality was impressive, though it was still pretty heavily stepped in some areas so it needs some work. If you sign up for the newsletter, he usually sends out discount coupons to buy directly from his site.

The blasters are cheaper on his site than on Etsy, though he still charged me VAT. I asked about taking off the VAT but didn't get a response. But with the coupon he sent it still ended up being less than the Etsy price. I used PayPal so you're still protected. He has some blasters that aren't often made by others so I was relieved when I got the package.

We really are in the same boat, haha.

I went with HFX's hyperfirm blasters, mostly for the big rifles like the DLT-19 and T-21. I think hyperfirm is best suited for something like that. You definitely can't tell it's rubber unless you're looking at it up close.

I ordered from ProCoPrint once and the quality was impressive, though it was still pretty heavily stepped in some areas so it needs some work. If you sign up for the newsletter, he usually sends out discount coupons to buy directly from his site.

The blasters are cheaper on his site than on Etsy, though he still charged me VAT. I asked about taking off the VAT but didn't get a response. But with the coupon he sent it still ended up being less than the Etsy price. I used PayPal so you're still protected. He has some blasters that aren't often made by others so I was relieved when I got the package.

If you had to choose between ProCoPrint or Hyperfirm, which would you go with? ProCoPrint does use the real scopes which is nice, and some of his parts are resin, but if you see noticeable stepping in the prints of the 3D stuff... then yeah that would suck. But Hyperfirm has nothing functional on it... :/

Depends on what you're looking for.

If you just want a nice display piece to put on the wall that you won't touch, hyperfirm. If you want something to troop with, also hyperfirm. The blasters I have from them are absolutely solid and would take a beating.

I was impressed on the details of the ProCoPrint and it was definitely one of the better 3D printing jobs I've seen. If you get a kit from him it's going to require cleanup; filling and sanding to get rid of those steps. I don't know if the blasters are worth it for the finished prices since I only bought the kit form. But if you don't mind working on it yourself, I'd probably get a kit from him so you'll finish it to your own standards.

Can't go wrong with either. I'm very happy with both. Also depends on which blaster you want and who has what currently available.

Back