Comic book values

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Super Freak
Reaction score
I started getting into collecting comics revolving around characters I liked for around 8 years now, specifically some of the earlier modern age stuff. With the MCU movies that have come out, it seemed to have drove the prices for certain comic books up. Most of what I have were pretty cheap when I got them, but some of the Thanos issues I was interested in recently seemed to have gone up quick due to IW. For those who are more familiar with this, will these prices eventually come down or do these values generally stick once they go up. I feel like the demand will only increase but I don’t know if I should get what I want now or just wait once enough time has past.

Like anything they will drop when demand drops. Prolly when the next Marvel phase of flicks roll out.

the comic book world is strange. most modern age stuff doesn't really hold the high values for long. Be patient, you'll probably find them cheaper or at a convention for a reasonable price.

Thanks guys, looks like I’ll just wait then.

Unless you have key issues from the gold or silver age, you don’t have jack squat

It really depends on who you ask and what their purpose of collecting is. I had to slowly phase away from collecting statues for various reasons and ended up getting into picking up comics based on characters I liked. I’m talking specific issues/storylines, not so much an entire series.

Unless you have key issues from the gold or silver age, you don’t have jack squat

That is true. At this point the only real value is in Golden Age or key Silver Age. I have been collecting comics for 40 years (current collection 40 long boxes, half of what it was) and the modern books, with a few exceptions such as the first appearance of Harley Quinn, do not hold there value for long. Collecting comics should be a passion not an investment.

That is true. At this point the only real value is in Golden Age or key Silver Age. I have been collecting comics for 40 years (current collection 40 long boxes, half of what it was) and the modern books, with a few exceptions such as the first appearance of Harley Quinn, do not hold there value for long. Collecting comics should be a passion not an investment.

That's essentially how I viewed collecting statues. Although I welcomed the increases in value, I never viewed those purchases as investments. With statues no longer in the picture, comic books are just a way for me to fill that void I guess.

This. :lecture +1

Back