Media Conan Exiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
Reaction score
cover_art.jpg

Anyone playing it? Despite the rocky start of its early access days, it made a pretty solid turnaround by release. Still a tad buggy, but loads of fun nonetheless. Loving the environments, crafting, and 1982 movie-inspired soundtrack.

I did not like any of it.
"Age of Conan" was meh but still miles better than this.

Some franchises should never get an MMO treatment.

Enjoying it so far, despite the lack on information provided. Hit level 18 before I realized I had another set of menu's in the perk screen...

I wish they'd do a God of War treatment for Conan, or even semi-open world, he is pretty fit for some open world treatment but not MMO.

My ideal Conan game is a semi-sandbox, with "regions" from the Hyborian map, each region would have a bunch of semi-linear missions that would be the original Conan stories, unlocked chronologically all the way up to Conan reaching the throne of Aquilonia, and I also want cinematics.

Like the previous Conan games, but better, emphasis on the combat and stealth since that's the way to showcase Conan's combat skill and cunning.

At least the reveal trailer for this was good, even if the song is reused, it's a good song.

Wasn't Age of Conan the MMO? I recall it getting pretty poor reviews.

I wish they'd do a God of War treatment for Conan, or even semi-open world, he is pretty fit for some open world treatment but not MMO.

My ideal Conan game is a semi-sandbox, with "regions" from the Hyborian map, each region would have a bunch of semi-linear missions that would be the original Conan stories, unlocked chronologically all the way up to Conan reaching the throne of Aquilonia, and I also want cinematics.

Like the previous Conan games, but better, emphasis on the combat and stealth since that's the way to showcase Conan's combat skill and cunning.

At least the reveal trailer for this was good, even if the song is reused, it's a good song.

They did a God of War style Conan game on Xbox360/PS3 about 10yrs ago. Was good fun. It didn’t sell well but I’d love to see them have another go!

My personal video game fantasy is a Tarzan game using the Assassins Creed engine. The game mechanics are already there. Come on Ubisoft! :D

Yes, Age of Conan was the openworld MMO.
Graphics and combat were a fair way ahead of their time and the opening section got good reviews ... and then once you got passed that it was quite bare bones.
The released more content and areas over a few years that was meant to be decent but everyone had already moved on.
I think it still runs as a free-to-play called Conan Unchained.

It was an MMO and that's why I brought it up.
It was a better game than this one.
It got poor reviews because people were too used to WoW and Lineage II at that point.

Back