Scammer Alert!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medusoid

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/members/kyloblack/

Just wanted to warn everyone here about a member on the boards, kyloblack. On April 20th, I paid him for an extra Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker figure he had ordered from Sideshow. He was posting frequently in the Star Wars section and gave me his phone number as soon as I contacted him about the sale, so I felt I could trust him. After a few days, he told me the figure was lost in transit and was waiting on a replacement. Fair enough. I waited a few days and received no response concerning the figure. So I sent him a message last week asking for an update, and he sends me a screenshot that states he's supposed to get it on May 7th. He also promised he would ship it out the same day. It's now May 11th and I haven't received any tracking or any sort of confirmation that the figure even exists at this point. I messaged him twice today asking for tracking and proof that the figure has been sent to me, but he hasn't responded at all... He used to answer my texts within 20-30 minutes, but he's ignoring me completely now.

It's now been three weeks since I paid for the figure and I don't have confirmation that it's even been shipped out to me. I wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but it's been nearly a month and the lack of communication is unacceptable. I messaged him this morning saying I wanted proof of shipment or a refund and he still has yet to respond.

Deal with him at your own risk.

Last edited:
just joined a month ago...
he didnt even bother to get an avatar for his profile....
jeez....

I filed a claim and sent him a message politely asking for my money back. We'll see what happens.

Just received my money back from Paypal. The seller never responded to me or the claim, though I noticed he was lurking the forums last night... :dunno

This transaction has been a nightmare from the start and I'm glad it's finally over and done with. I've been collecting for seven years now and this is the first time someone has tried to scam me. I'm generally a friendly person and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this whole experience has left me cold and I'm going to be very cautious about dealing with collectors online from this point forward.

I'm posting some of his info so you guys know who to look out for. Avoid this guy at all costs.

Username: kyloblack
Email: [email protected]

Glad you got your money back.

That is why:

1: you don't give money over to a newb.
2: you don't give money to someone that is not a premium member and not allowed to post for sale items in discussion thread.

Glad you got your money back.
I had to deal with something like this years ago from someone in this forum too.
I too got my money back.

Back