1/6 Which 1/6 Vader to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJediQueen

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm looking at different 1/6 scale Vaders. I want to get one soon. I wondered if anyone here could share their personal insights - especially if you have more than one of them - which is "best" is probably a meaningless question because the suits were a little different from film to film... but any help, opinions, advice is requested and appreciated.

if you can, wait for hot toys' rotj vader if not, i'd say hot toys esb vader is the way to go. i have hot toys anh vader which is good enough for me.

I originally had the Deluxe SS Vader. Three month back I saw a ebay posting of the Tarkin/Vader loose for $210 (free shipping) and purchased that and called it a day!! If your looking I would suggest waiting for the upcoming ESB version. Cant go wrong with the most recent right??

New ANH Vader in the 2 pack, you get Tarkin with nice little interrogation droid

Or upcoming ESB

Depends if you want Vader in shiny armor (RO, ESB) or rough Vader from ANH. I dare to say any Vader from HT (now with ANH v2) is super good.

If you have patience, I’d wait it out. None of the Vaders thus far really hits a home run. The newer SS has a great body and overall shape, but his mouth grill is too big and the dome slightly pinched. All the HT ones have a really big dome that looks sort of ‘Dark Helmet’ from space balls. However the rest of the mask is more accurate, though again not perfect. Even the new ESB doesn’t alleviate this issue.

I’d say overall, the best made, with all the compromises in mind, is the HT rogue one Vader, but he’s going for a pretty penny on eBay. But the thing about Vader is they release a new one every year, so one would think (hope) they’ll get it right soon. Hopefully HT will actually revise the dome in their next (Rotj?) release.

Thank you. I'll wait and see how the Hot Toys ESB Vader looks, I don't want a "Dark Helmet".

I think the new ESB one looks great. I do really like my Sideshow Deluxe one and the Rouge One version (minus his cod piece). If you were just going off of a stock, no modifications, I would probably wait on the ESB version.

I'm looking at different 1/6 scale Vaders. I want to get one soon. I wondered if anyone here could share their personal insights - especially if you have more than one of them - which is "best" is probably a meaningless question because the suits were a little different from film to film... but any help, opinions, advice is requested and appreciated.

Mainly depends on which version of Darth Vader you like as you noted his costume had slight changes from film to film.

I have the Deluxe SS Vader....my second 1/6 purchase.

I love it. I intentionally stay away from the Vader posts, because my eyes cannot see and inaccuracies.

I am sure it’s a thing that once you see it you cannot unsee it.

So I am choosing ignorance on the screen inaccuracy.

I am not sure what the serious guys think of that one, but the base, multiple hands and masked unmasked headsculpt (with a stand for an open mask version as well) is probably the best combination of extras.

100076-darth-vader-deluxe-012.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the original Sideshowtoys Vader from like 18 years ago. I really love the height of the figure and how he towers over the other figures. It may not be 100% accurately scaled, but Vader should be tall and menacing dang it! ;)

I passed on the ROTJ deluxe version. Occasionally I regret that decision due to all the cool features and accessories, but realistically, I know I would never really use the FX features, and was disappointed when I heard that the 3-piece helmet couldn’t be assembled and worn on the figure. Not sure if that’s true or not, but that was a reason I passed.

Now if Hot Toys ever did a deluxe ROTJ Vader, which I imagine is practically inevitable, I might have to pick that one up.

Back