Statue BB-8 Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner_BB8LSb.jpg

I heard something over 5K .. not sure if thats the actual number.. still.. all Lifesize are not interesting for me at all.. can afford it and dont have space..

Lol, look at what they charged for the 1/4...of course this will have a dumb price tag.

You can get an almost life size that moves exactly like in the move for a few hundred.

Wouldn’t be surprised if over $1K

:rotfl

I wish it was only $1,001 USD. I would easily buy it at that price. Heck I would buy two if that's all it was (if not three so I could have one for the office as well), but unfortunately most of us know it'll be priced quite a bit more than that :gah:

Let's guesstimate.

Lifesize R2: 7450USD
In terms of volume R2 is at least twice the cubic size of BB8. Purely based on volume BB8 would cost 7450/2 = 3725 USD

but R2 is also more complex, feet, wires, lights, etc. Assuming 30% more complex. 3725 -30% = 2600 USD

but now you will try to break the theory saying K2SO is much more complex and bigger than R2 and costs 8900 or 16% more than R2. Why that? Because R2 is R2, it's a must have, if you only have R2 youre good. So, R2 comes with the hype, force, you name it. What is the hype of BB8 compared to R2? 20% less at least? -20%

BB8 will cost 2080USD +-5% error margin. As they like some numbers more than others I bet 1950USD.

I cant pay for that :(

Let's guesstimate.

Lifesize R2: 7450USD
In terms of volume R2 is at least twice the cubic size of BB8. Purely based on volume BB8 would cost 7450/2 = 3725 USD

but R2 is also more complex, feet, wires, lights, etc. Assuming 30% more complex. 3725 -30% = 2600 USD

but now you will try to break the theory saying K2SO is much more complex and bigger than R2 and costs 8900 or 16% more than R2. Why that? Because R2 is R2, it's a must have, if you only have R2 youre good. So, R2 comes with the hype, force, you name it. What is the hype of BB8 compared to R2? 20% less at least? -20%

BB8 will cost 2080USD +-5% error margin. As they like some numbers more than others I bet 1950USD.

I cant pay for that :(

That was entertaining, I actually agree with you for the most part, especially with R2.
Remember when R2 and 3-PO was released 10 years ago, I think the price difference was only $1000 yet 3-PO was twice as big.
R2 is a must have and SS know it.

As far as price, no chance this will be cheaper than Yoda. You have lights and whistles, so let’s add 2K, I reckon $4,500.

In a previous post I did say $5,950. So I’ll revise down, but who knows really....

Hold onto your hats!!

Unfortunately there is no Yoda 1:4 for us to analyze the pricing projection 1:4, 1:2 and 1:1 but if you notice Yoda legendary is "cheap" for its scale 700 USD. R2 Legendary is 2000 USD. Yoda is fairly recent which makes me believe they will not shoot BB8 too high, it looks like the market is getting saturated, selling stuff is getting harder.

So, your number makes sense if they follow the same pricing as they do with R2:
R2 1:1 = 19.6x 1:4
BB8 1:1 = 1:4 x 19.6 = 5586 USD

But nobody would buy it. Even K2SO pricing projection is too high for BB8 to follow him:
K2SO 1:1 = 13.7x 1:4
BB8 1:1 = 3904.5

Because BB8 is a sphere with a semi-sphere, no need for that expensive K2 metal framing. There is hardly a simpler droid to build therefore I dont think it will be 10x more expensive than its 1:4, it would be quite greedy of them but I wouldn't be surprised really.

I have the 1:4 BB8 and no room for lifesize anyways, a blessing :p Maybe I can find room for a lifesize porg. Let's price it too :)

Just had a mail to RSVP this, so this should be up for preorder soon. The price will be interesting.

Back