Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
The original thread for this was locked, so I had to start a new one in order to bring something interesting to peoples attention. But feel free to use this as the generic TLJ discussion thread also. Just try not to get this one locked ;)

So......

Not to start arguments all over again. Those who like this movie can ignore this post and just use the thread to talk about your love of the movie which is fine by me.

Those who like me, were pretty disappointed, might be very interested in this. This guy is totally re-editing the movie and plans to release it for free once he's finished. It's a big task and he only has so much footage to work with, but he's already made some pretty decent changes imo. It's worth a look if you didn't enjoy TLJ, but don't wish to completely try and forget about it. Just be aware that he swears a little...

Oh and he's bringing Ackbar back! :)

Here's a few select video "fixes" to give you an idea, he has more on his channel that you can look up if you enjoy these....

Leia "poppins" scene fixed..

Opening scene fixed (Hux made less of a joke)

Ackbar is back and Holdo being ridiculous makes a little more sense now (rough concept)

Luke mourns Han...

Revised (and better version)

Sorry , this guys “fancy” explanations simply boils down to “I didn’t like the movie and here how I would have done it”

Which is basically exactly what every single person who didn’t like TLJ goes on and on and on about for ever.

This guy just too the obsession of what coulda shoulda wasn’t and wasted a time of time trying to make it come out his way.

It’s been done a zillions Times before with OT and PT.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnarlingScrawnyDesertpupfish-size_restricted.gif

Sorry , this guys “fancy” explanations simply boils down to “I didn’t like the movie and here how I would have done it”

Which is basically exactly what every single person who didn’t like TLJ goes on and on and on about for ever.

This guy just too the obsession of what coulda shoulda wasn’t and wasted a time of time trying to make it come out his way.

It’s been done a zillions Times before with OT and PT.....

Well yeah, opinions are always subjective. But he's doing something about it and some of us might like what he's doing. Please refer to this part of my opening thread....

Those who like this movie can ignore this post and just use the thread to talk about your love of the movie which is fine by me.

Sigh. My friend was right – no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans.

Forget unlimited power, unlimited hatred.

That would make sense as none fans probably wouldn't have an opinion. I like the prequels, always have and regularly defend their better aspects. But this is easily the least enjoyable Star Wars movie for me and the first one I've actually disliked. Even Mark Hamil clearly didn't like this one so subjective or not, maybe there are genuine criticisms. It is okay not to like things sometimes.

Agreed. Being disrespectful to those who like it is another thing. That was the point. While I’m not a fan of The last Jedi, I’m also not a fan of Star Wars fans attacking one another. Hopefully we can all disagree with some class rather than repeating the first thread that was locked.

Clearly you don't watch C-Span. Thanks to Kennedy we now have a Conservative and Democratic Star Wars congress...

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Being disrespectful to those who like it is another thing. That was the point. While I’m not a fan of The last Jedi, I’m also not a fan of Star Wars fans attacking one another. Hopefully we can all disagree with some class rather than repeating the first thread that was locked.

This word sadly does not exist in the vocabulary of the average SW fan.

I thought the Last Jedi thread lock was meant to be temporary anyways. At least now people have a place to talk about it rather than every other thread here.

This thread is primarily regarding the fan edit in post one. But seeing as the main thread to a major movie is closed, hopefully this will also be allowed to be used for general discussion also without getting too out of hand. Although I don't see any issue with critisism personally. The idea that praise is good and critisism is less valid has always seemed strange to me.

Im not even against it or hating on u.

But in the past mods have always closed double threads.

Out of respect for Python who wants nothing more than a thread to chat about TLJ regardless of whether one likes TLJ or not.

Please keep things civil and your criticisms constructive.

Thread cleaned and reopened.

Last edited:
Well in the spirit of contributing to a thread designed to discuss the movie I will share that TLJ was definitely a jarring experience on the opening night viewing as it was so different in tone and style than previous Star Wars films. As the film unfolded the viewer was rewarded with a Star Wars film that put art ahead of entertainment and offered a unique aesthetic. The film, like most great art challenged its audience and rewarded them for tackling the challenge head on and after the end of a difficult ride I was rewarded with my favorite of the nine Star Wars films.

Out of respect for Python who wants nothing more than a thread to chat about TLJ regardless of whether one likes TLJ or not.

Please keep things civil and your criticisms constructive.

Thread cleaned and reopened.

in that case you could open the original thread too? snikt and spazz are gone so,

you could definitely bring that one back too. or even better:
Merge this one and that one and just keep one thread.

i dont see the problem of getting the other one opened and merging this one to it, seeing how the most evil guys are gone now

you know, in respect for CallMeTheDoctor who wanted nothing more than a thread to chat about TLJ

anyone else agree?

Back