Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
1E098AE9-FA56-4A3C-BAF7-9117BDE69086.jpeg

Deadline reports that Warner Bros and DC Entertainment have chosen Cathy Yan to be the director of their still untitled "girl gang movie", which is said to be based on Birds of Prey, making her "the first female Asian director ever tapped to direct a superhero film."

The project will feature the return of Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn, but it remains to be seen if she'll be joined by the likes of Black Canary, Batgirl and Huntress. We do know that "the main characters and most of the creative braintrust are female."

The script was written by Christina Hodson, who we recently found out was also hired to pen the Batgirl movie after Whedon left.

Birds of Prey (or whatever it winds up being called) is expected to commence production by year's end or early 2019. Apparently, Harley Quinn Vs The Joker, Gotham City Sirens and a direct Suicide Squad sequel are all still in the works, but have now been put on the back burner.

Re: DCEU Untitled ‘Birds of Prey’ film finds director, has completed script

Interesting...appropriate a female is directing a film starring all females lol

Wasn't Ayer directing this? I like Ayer, but seeing that people are huge on SS, I am behind a new director helming this.

Ayer was attached to Gotham City Sirens.....the teaming of all "bad" DC girls..

Buuuuuuut will it see the light of day?

Just give me a Batfleck & The Outlaws movie with Katana.

Steven Spielberg has also joined the DCEU today for Blackhawk.

Steven Spielberg has also joined the DCEU today for Blackhawk.

Wow, that is very interesting. A period WWII flick that could also have some of the other DC Heroes of the era?

Well I’m ok with this movie based on one thing alone: if the costuming is as good in SS, that means we’ll be getting some fine Hot Toys of popular DC characters. The SS Harley Quinn was awesome and I look forward to more of that, even if the movie stinks. Of course it will much better if we get a good movie too...

https://www.thewrap.com/birds-of-prey-black-canary-huntress-cassandra-cain-renee-montoya/

Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain, and Renee Montoya will join Harley Quinn’s girl gang in the Margot Robbie film “Birds of Prey,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Robbie will produce “Birds of Prey” and reprise her “Suicide Squad” character, Harley Quinn. The film is centered around a revolving group of female heroes and villains, individuals with knowledge of thew project tell TheWrap.

In addition, TheWrap has learned that the villain in “Birds of Prey” will be a Batman comics villain who has never before appeared on the big screen.

This lineup seems stupid as hell

Is Harley Quinn even part of birds of prey?

https://www.thewrap.com/birds-of-prey-black-canary-huntress-cassandra-cain-renee-montoya/

Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain, and Renee Montoya will join Harley Quinn’s girl gang in the Margot Robbie film “Birds of Prey,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Robbie will produce “Birds of Prey” and reprise her “Suicide Squad” character, Harley Quinn. The film is centered around a revolving group of female heroes and villains, individuals with knowledge of thew project tell TheWrap.

In addition, TheWrap has learned that the villain in “Birds of Prey” will be a Batman comics villain who has never before appeared on the big screen.

This lineup seems stupid as hell

I wonder if the villain or villainess will be the red clam?

She is not a founding member but she is involved i believe with the team probably in the new 52. I am fine with them tuning the movie to make it work on the big screen use what works and give us a good movie.

Marvel does it well they change a fair bit from the comics and everyone is fine with that DC should do the same.

Oh my why can't they cast a character that suits the comics why do they have to be "diverse" and change black canary.

She roasted them. :lol

I guess Margot really wanted to be the only star in the film :lol

Not excited about either casting choice

Back