For anyone who has the Prime 1 Batman Dark Knight Returns statue....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megofan

Freakalicious
Reaction score
How in hell do you display it? I originally thought I could put it atop my Detolf cabinets, but I'm not sure they can hold the weight. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

How in hell do you display it? I originally thought I could put it atop my Detolf cabinets, but I'm not sure they can hold the weight. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

This is a crap photo but it fits perfectly atop a Fabrikor and there is the added bonus of it being a metal surface that will accept the magnets of the additional portraits. IMG_8218.JPGIMG_8219.JPGIMG_8267.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be fine on a detolf. I've had 50+ on the top of my detolf for years.

You don’t really need anything fancy, I’ve set mine on a simple large set of draws and it takes the weight fine, got AK bats on it too, it does take up a bit of room though.
Excuse the terrible photo

A8039738-C51C-4A34-BFB0-8E1BE70CA18D.jpeg

Pax Cabinets with custom doors. Depending on the base you can display 2 and possibly 3 1/3 scale Statues in each section. For now I've got him alone but will display him next to Flashpoint Thomas Wayne when it arrives

IMG_8059.jpg

and on the other side I've got AK Batman and Robin together so you get an idea of the room and flexibility of the cabinets
IMG_8060.jpg

happy to provide more details on the cabinets if you're interested.

Pax Cabinets with custom doors. Depending on the base you can display 2 and possibly 3 1/3 scale Statues in each section. For now I've got him alone but will display him next to Flashpoint Thomas Wayne when it arrives

View attachment 404071

and on the other side I've got AK Batman and Robin together so you get an idea of the room and flexibility of the cabinets
View attachment 404072

Your set up looks really good. Are those doors acrylic or glass?

How much does 1 door of that size cost? And where did you order from?

They’re not cheap. They’re ~$150 each, and you can order them at any local industrial acrylic shop. Make sure you get 1/4” thick, thinner will bend too much at this size and thicker will start to impact optical clarity.

They’re not cheap. They’re ~$150 each, and you can order them at any local industrial acrylic shop. Make sure you get 1/4” thick, thinner will bend too much at this size and thicker will start to impact optical clarity.

Really nice setup! Can you please share some details regarding the part #s / availability for those metal hinges?

Did you drill into the acrylic as well or factory done?

Really nice setup! Can you please share some details regarding the part #s / availability for those metal hinges?

Did you drill into the acrylic as well or factory done?

thank you, I think the doors add a lot to the overall presentation of the display cabinets.

here's the DIY I followed. it has links to all the parts including the hinges. I used a Dremel to cut holes into the acrylic for the hinges but you can give the specs to the shop and pay them to do it too.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...lic-doors-glass-shelves-finally-finished.html

the only other thing I added, which isn't in the DIY, is melamine tape across the front of the shelves to give a nice finish after installing the metal support brackets.

Thank you for the link. I have the sliding doors version but this option works great now that I have room.

Very nice setup aa909, looks awesome.

Hoping you still have a way to get these messages. I would love more info in the ikea unit you use as well as the glass doors and hardware. Thank you so much!
View attachment 404071

View attachment 404072

Back