Best paint for hot toys sculpt touch ups.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calcifer

Super Freak
Reaction score
May I ask what people would recommend as a good paint for touching up ht heads? , got a superman figure with chippped paint on the hair I would like to fix. Also a Keaton batman, that has black paint chipping off the bat logo.

Tamiya acrylic!

Yet yourself the primary colors all in flat, black, brown, White, gloss coat and matte spray and you will have pretty much anything you will ever need

You want less stress try vallejo paints specifically barbarian flesh tone is a good base. The game paints in flesh colors I recommend getting plus fairy and malefic flesh set gives you wide range of blending and hues.

Also life color makes a skin tone set. Called flesh paint set.

Tamiya is tricky, sticky and I hate the results.

3 companies did similar sets. But the fairy, maleific and game flesh tones are all different by hues.

67a794f6beb08f1fcef3c6e34c667cdd.jpg
7f971321bf6933f21986694f3a1f1a55.jpg
515e8dcc3c6350c999b6ae468de0cf97.jpg

d0facfc669f766831fc72199ca1758f8.jpg
a96a2608b163ac10ff36d96bac646aeb.jpg
92457a4d29c083d0c40ece9d3b14102e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the Vallejo game air colors to keep with you.
9aa673df3a3c385979c911f4c8faa1a7.jpg

Barbarian flesh(next to dark fleshtone) is very close to hot toys by itself. So is burned flesh. The other colors help with blending.

Pale is great to mix for highlights
Dwarf skin adds yellow tannish tones. Charred brown great for dark shading when blended. As with dark fleshtone.

The fairy and malefic sets have blended colors that hits skin with with dimensions. Making all 3 sets worth buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Need some advice. There's a gash on the right lower cheek on a hot toys head sculpt as shown in the picture I would like to touch up if possible. The gash seems to be exposing the layer underneath the tone which appears to be a noticeably lighter color. Any recommendations on how to go about restoring this and the brand of paint I should use? I was thinking about just doing some dry brushing with an acrylic that matches the tone to cover it up and then blend the surrounding area. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

hot-toys-head_gash.jpg

Need some advice. There's a gash on the right lower cheek on a hot toys head sculpt as shown in the picture I would like to touch up if possible. The gash seems to be exposing the layer underneath the tone which appears to be a noticeably lighter color. Any recommendations on how to go about restoring this and the brand of paint I should use? I was thinking about just doing some dry brushing with an acrylic that matches the tone to cover it up and then blend the surrounding area. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

View attachment 432314

Ouch. It will be tough to do it seamlessly. You’d have to sand the edges and fill the cut. What is the head? Is it a female headsculpt?

Back