A Quiet Place

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is the most overrated movie so far this year. Nicely shot and acted but some things happen and then it just ends without a real ending. Guess it tried to be The Road meets ALENS.

Well, I liked it. :dunno

The monsters were pretty cool, reminded me of a certain creature from Resident Evil 2.

Haven't seen it but if Doubtfire Face said it was good then that's all the more reason for me to avoid it.

Well, I liked it. :dunno

The monsters were pretty cool, reminded me of a certain creature from Resident Evil 2.

Reminded me of a certain creature
Spoiler Spoiler:

I liked the movie a lot. The ending told you all you needed to know without becoming a different genre for the last 20 minutes.

I thought it was okay. Definitely a bit overrated though. It was slow AF, and the creature design was generic, but I liked John Krasinski.

Reminded me of a certain creature
Spoiler Spoiler:

I liked the movie a lot. The ending told you all you needed to know without becoming a different genre for the last 20 minutes.

Yeah, that too. The design is nothing we haven't seen before but they work so damn effectively here, plus they give off the effect of being really fast and ****ing huge.

The frustrating thing about the movie is that I want to know more about where they came from, but I don't want a sequel as this, to me, is a good one and done kind of film that doesn't need to be turned into a "franchise" and take away the mystery about them.

Also, what was your audience experience like? A few whispers and mild talking by some, but during the really quiet scenes, people didn't even want to open their snacks and drinks because you could hear a pin drop in there. I heard some loud gasps during the nail scene. :lol

this is what I left in Rate or Review the last Movie you Watched thread the other Day.
A Quite Place 5.5/10.. I'M really in the middle on this one.I hate to give it a 5.5/10 because it sounds low and it's not a bad film.Actually the acting is very good by everyone and Emily is exceptional which is to be expected.But it reflects the outright couple of monstrous flaws in an otherwise good film.Day 82 and Day 479.

Another thing and it's not just this film,it seems to have started with the Cloverfield Creature.It's become a style of mutated creature that has popped up in Godzilla,King Kong Skull Island and this film.And most likely a few others I may have not seen.It's just not very interesting or scary at all,whether big or small.It seems to have become the go to style of CGI creature in film.No imagination.Too bad.

Yeah, that too. The design is nothing we haven't seen before but they work so damn effectively here, plus they give off the effect of being really fast and ****ing huge.

The frustrating thing about the movie is that I want to know more about where they came from, but I don't want a sequel as this, to me, is a good one and done kind of film that doesn't need to be turned into a "franchise" and take away the mystery about them.

Also, what was your audience experience like? A few whispers and mild talking by some, but during the really quiet scenes, people didn't even want to open their snacks and drinks because you could hear a pin drop in there. I heard some loud gasps during the nail scene. :lol

I was shocked at how how well behaved my theater was. You could hear a pin drop most of the time. The big audience reaction moments were
Spoiler Spoiler:
and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Definitely don't go to see this if you're feeling gassy - you don't want to let out an audible fart during the quiet scenes.

Movie was OK. Seemed like 'Signs' was inspiration for the movie with the daughter's condition and all. Monsters were visually and audibly a culmination of every monster we've seen - Alien, Venom, Resident Evil, Predator, Velociraptor to name a few. I think monsters that take a more human-form are more terrifying personally.

Saw it today - I liked it. Have to agree about the monsters though-once they are fully revealed, they're visually "been-there-done-that" Would have liked it better if we never got a full reveal. Scarier...

And I usually find kids annoying in movies - these kids were really good.

At a 90-min run time, it didn't fell like it went on too long. Over-rated? No, I think that Spielberg Easter-Egg CGI borefest can keep that title. At least this one felt different from the insane noise-makers we're usually getting - and with Michael Bay as a producer! I'm sure he was itching to add a few fireballs and a car chase or two (I kid).

Glad I went-it is one to see in the theater-having an audience holding it's breath around you for so long is a novel thing these days.

Overrated as in the last few weeks it;s been "the scariest movie in years." The nail scene itself was nice, but hated the placement of the nail. It was just off the middle of the step and not anywhere by a support beam. There was no reason for it to even be there.

And the grain elevator scene. One kid goes in and starts sinking. other kid jumps in, doesn't sink from the drop. After a while she sinks and the other kid just pulls her out with ease. Then they both jump into the grain to hide, don't sink and then easily get out. No rules needed, just do the script. :lol

The girl discovers their weakness? Pretty sure if it was determined that they hunt by sound, that the military would have already deployed sonic weapons to fight them.

Audience was so so. Was an old dude next to me that jumped on queue to all the jump scare scenes: raccoon, hand on shower door, hand on backpack in cornfield.

I thought this was interesting way back when I read a 3 sentence synopses of it. I think it sounds like a great story and can't wait to see it.

Back