Damtoys Dinosaur half busts revealed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Damtoys facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/damtoys/)

29694666_1269792739820336_6441811513563938816_n.jpg

29792021_1269792743153669_7223139719100497920_n.jpg

29791574_1269792813153662_7024728920268210176_n.jpg

Almost there. Maybe the next bunch of releases they'll finally do the entire dino. Busts are lame.

Wall-busts that look like hunting trophies are stupid crap indeed.
The rest of them are pretty damn cool. That Spinosaur one is awesome!

Yeah the spinosaurus is one that I would actually buy, if i didn't already have like 9 spinosaurus statues already.

Every time they show a new batch of dinos they peel back the section cut a little further. Hopefully it'll result in a full statue line at some point. Especially with the Dinosauria line being (not) dead.

Wall-busts that look like hunting trophies are stupid crap indeed.
The rest of them are pretty damn cool. That Spinosaur one is awesome!

Obviously your "opinion" is in the minority as they seem to think the market is strong for them. Not everyone can afford/display furniture sized figures. Busts allow much larger scale while still being easy to display and reasonably priced.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong, or that I want them to stop. :wave

I guess you can argue no opinion can be wrong per say, but that's about as close as it gets. I am not a huge fan of that design either, and it gets used often. Plenty of people like them and most of the ones who don't at least have enough tact to not bash them so unnecessarily.

It is what it is tho. There's no need to pretend that wall busts aren't stupid unless they're 1:1 scale. :dunno
We all love to spend money on stupid crap a lot of times, be it collectible or something for your home.
Nothing tactless about that.

It is what it is tho. There's no need to pretend that wall busts aren't stupid unless they're 1:1 scale. :dunno
We all love to spend money on stupid crap a lot of times, be it collectible or something for your home.
Nothing tactless about that.

Why are 1:1s exempt from being "stupid crap"? You either like the design or you don't.

So i couldn't find any other threads for these but i have most of these on Order and the Trex arrived a few days ago.

Very happy with him, the base is made of a light wood, gives the piece some real class. Bust itself is super solid, very well painted, very clean and looks great, it actually looks more colorful than the proto pics show.

Weirdly it didn't come in a shipper, just a cardboard box with sideshow tape on ii. Also there's no edition size at all if that sort of stuff bothers you.

Really happy with it the more i look at it, i love the details on him, the sculpt is very expressive, really nice take on the T Rex.

All these lined up is gonna look great on display and between Damtoys and Prime 1 i'm gonna have a real awesome Dino set up!

xGnU8Hn.jpg

ANyX44X.jpg

6CvH4bD.jpg

G3rF36X.jpg

0mBHrpE.jpg

dbcJ1vX.jpg

ojablp5.jpg

K4pcxo4.jpg

mTXAzHb.jpg

ouxgdJE.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. This looks much better than I expected. I only ordered this one, now I guess I'll buy the other pieces as well...

Thank you DeadGhostKnight for sharing these high-quality and detail pics. A really nice statue even though I have more interest in full-body statue. I am still waiting for Damtoys' Quetzalcoatlus, hope its quality is as good as yours. Also hope damtoys keep making good dinosaur statues in the future.

Thank you DeadGhostKnight for sharing these high-quality and detail pics. A really nice statue even though I have more interest in full-body statue. I am still waiting for Damtoys' Quetzalcoatlus, hope its quality is as good as yours. Also hope damtoys keep making good dinosaur statues in the future.

Thanks man! I have Quetzacoatlus on order too and a bunch of the other busts and statues. Will continue to do pics and reviews of them and post them here over time :)

Back