Mezco One 12: Popeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Qfo9HMO.jpg

djRtNnI.jpg

bGceTff.jpg

9eoPu1g.jpg

KQVnlx7.jpg

p8Jm19l.jpg

Complete photos gallery.

https://news.toyark.com/2018/04/02/popeye-one12-collective-figure-mezco-294820

"Well blow me down!” Mezco welcomes the ocean’s most renowned spinach-loving sailor, Popeye, into the One:12 Collective.
The One:12 Collective Popeye figure includes two masterfully crafted head portraits: a stern stare and a salty glare. Authentically presented in his classic sailor clothing and a removable pea coat, Popeye comes complete with a wide range of accessories including: a functional drawstring duffle bag, a collapsible spy glass, a compass with hinged lid, two spinach cans, three different hats, and two styles of corncob pipes.
He’s one tough Gazookus, which hates all Palookas! Created by E.C. Segar and first introduced in 1929, Popeye the Sailorman has become one of the most beloved and recognizable cartoon characters of all time. Known for his constant muttering, squinting, and superhuman strength after gulping down a can of spinach, Popeye will do whatever it takes to rescue his beloved Olive Oyl from the wicked hands of Bluto.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE POPEYE FIGURE FEATURES:

One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
Two (2) head portraits
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 14cm tall
Seven (7) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) holding hand for spinach and compass (L)
One (1) holding hand for spy glass (R)
One (1) pointing hand (L)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)

COSTUME:

Tailored black dress shirt
Blue slacks
Brown work boots
Tailored pea coat (removable)
Three (3) hats
Captain’s hat
Sailor’s hat
Longshoreman’s hat

ACCESSORIES:

Three (3) corncob pipes (fit into mouth of both heads)
Three (3) corncob pipes with smoke (fit into mouth of both heads)
Two (2) spinach cans
Open can
Closed can
Compass (Lid opens & closes)
Spy glass (collapsible)
Duffle bag

Each One:12 Collective Popeye figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

Really like this, wish they would do a 1/6 version. I have the Head Play statue version so might have pick this up to.

This is a weird mix of interesting and nightmarish. When you make his forearms realistic they look like deformities. And that head...

This looks like the stuff of nightmares. Some things should not be rendered with realism in mind.

It's a little unsettling upon first viewing. I know that's what I felt when I opened up the email, but I do find myself wanting it.

It's a little unsettling upon first viewing. I know that's what I felt when I opened up the email, but I do find myself wanting it.

He grows on you. I can see why Olive Oil likes him.

This looks like the stuff of nightmares. Some things should not be rendered with realism in mind.

To be fair, it's a tiny figure, so the face won't be as nightmarish in hand, since his face is so small, when compared to the blwn up close up photos from the promos.

It would be fun to see what the nightmare versions of Olive, Swee' Pea and The Jeep look like. Bluto would just look like a big, ugly, fat brute and Wimpy a sweaty, fat guy in a suit. The could go all in on the horror angle with Alice The Goon and The Sea Hag. They should try this approach with the Peanuts gang.

I'm liking it. Looks good. A cartoonish head would have been cool but I'm ok with this.

I'm actually surprised it translated this good. The coat and beanie makes him look badass

This is a weird mix of interesting and nightmarish.
When you make his forearms realistic they look like deformities.
And that head...
Yep.
The figure looks great and comes with a lot but I just don't care for the art direction.
It is on the same level of "what you should NEVER imagine or try to create" as this:

5a4.jpg

Ordered two I’ve been waiting on this since they showed is forever ago. Love the figure!

I absolutely love this. Yes it's creepy but in a way it's also cute, like a ugly dog. I'd love to buy one, but the price is prohibitive for me. $80 for a 6" figure is hard for me to justify.

I have been waiting for the Mezco Popeye for a long time. Been a while since I ordered direct from Mezco.
I really don't know what to display it with but had to have it.

Back