Media Ark: Survival Evolved

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
I swear I made a thread for this years ago... but anyway. Anyone play it?

I've been watching a Youtube channel play it for years (Neebs Gaming) and decided to pick it up. I bought the $99 pack which is all the DLCs including another one coming out this year.

I've been playing it with the wife since she's a fan too. I kinda regretted it after getting it for some reason since it was a big nut to drop for a game... but then me and her are up to 4am playing it. Were playing it with the no player damage enabled :lol but were still enjoying it. Eventually I'll turn that off :monkey3

The map is gigantic, and the draw distance... well there is no draw distance because you can see everything from anywhere. It's also surprising there's zero slow down with dozens of dinos on screen at once. It's a rare instance I've seen where the console version is pretty on par with the PC version with all the PC editions available on it. 7 Days to Die is seriously lacking compared to the PC version.

I highly recommend it if you like massive open worlds and dinos, and it's better to play with someone obviously.

I just snagged my first T Rex last night, too. It was green, so I named it Roland Tembo after the Lost World hunter who catches the green Rex in that. I also got a Spinosaurus... and named it Brent Spiner :rotfl

Last edited:
My friends and I picked this up from a steam sale a few months ago, and it's great. We've played it almost every night since then. It can be very frustrating and kind of grindy, but damned if it isn't addicting.

Since I got a three day weekend, I'm probably going to be up till 4am the next couple days.

I might move to a new map becauce the Island isn't cutting it for me. Kinda bored with it. I know the other maps are a blast from vids I've seen.

Although I do want to go to the snowy North to get a Giga, but I need the clothing for that.

Since I got a three day weekend, I'm probably going to be up till 4am the next couple days.

I might move to a new map becauce the Island isn't cutting it for me. Kinda bored with it. I know the other maps are a blast from vids I've seen.

Although I do want to go to the snowy North to get a Giga, but I need the clothing for that.

The giga is not in the snow , he’s close to it but on a mountain before the snow area.

This is one of my favorite games out to date . I have so many questions if any one is up to it

Yeah much better, it’s definitely one Dino I use a lot . Sarco looks much better but I never use it, it’s funny he feels more like a decoration in my house

I hadn't seen the Sarco yet. I had one and it died.

The Parasaur looks nicer. All these redesigns are a nice improvement. The Raptor looks like a Jurassic Park Raptor now. And that's not a bad thing.

Does anyone here play it on the PS4. I’ve heard there are more limitations. I have around 40 dinos and have read that the max is 60. And building has a limit .

Does anyone know a forum I can go too for this game. I have a bunch of ps4 questions , I’m worried I will cap off with dinos and building. Plus I’m worried about doing a boss fight and losing my best dinos. YouTube is to light on this info. I haven’t seen an quezal for example and only have one . Looked everywhere

Back