Leather/Vinyl conditioner of choice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbeltram4

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses on their leather/pleather clothing? I’ve never used before and figure it’s about time to give everything a little love.

Leather has 60+ years of value before corrosion (if not cleaned properly and re-waxed) destroys the hide. Now pleather can last up to as long... but the key difference is the Plastic thickness determines how much air makes it corrode. That's why 1/6 pleather is the worst of all being so thin vs real thin leather that can be retreated with solvents from natural oils that re-purpose the leather. Now I've made a old recipe of leather wax used back in 19th century and use it on my leather commissions now because it puts the oils back in the leather that the dye took out.

I started using a product called Leather Honey about two years ago. It's a wipe on/wipe off application that is easy to use. So far, the clothing that I have treated have not shown any signs of damage (star lord coat, darth vader body suit, various boots, etc.).

I started using a product called Leather Honey about two years ago. It's a wipe on/wipe off application that is easy to use. So far, the clothing that I have treated have not shown any signs of damage (star lord coat, darth vader body suit, various boots, etc.).

Probably cause the wax kept the air from hitting the plastic. Which in most cases I would advise doing what you just did.

Probably cause the wax kept the air from hitting the plastic. Which in most cases I would advise doing what you just did.

doesn't work that way. unless you apply the wax on both sides, air and humid gonna go in from the inner side.

Back