Toy stores in Tokyo?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorkstar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo next month and was wondering if anyone had good recommendations for toy stores? I mostly collect high end Star Wars and Marvel (Cinematic Universe), Hot Toys, Cosbaby Series, exclusive Funko Pops, etc. I already have Toy Sapiens on my list, any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Definitely worth hopping on the train to Osaka to check out Yodobashi Camera (Umeda Store). This place is mind blowing! Whenever I am in Osaka for business I cannot pass this place up! 9 floors of Blu Rays, Video Games, Comic Books, and of course Action Figures in every scale!

The guy was asking for places in Tokyo, why would you mention Osaka ? Hes on business trip clearly his schedule is very limited

I would suggest Akihabara though

The guy was asking for places in Tokyo, why would you mention Osaka ? Hes on business trip clearly his schedule is very limited

Because the Monorail Bullet Train in Japan can go 800 miles in 4 hours at 208 mph :lol

How do you know what his schedule is? I only go to Tokyo on Business trips and I have no trouble going to Osaka while I am there and vice versa...what an idiotic comment...

How do you know what his schedule is? I only go to Tokyo on Business trips and I have no trouble going to Osaka while I am there and vice versa...what an idiotic comment...

It was you who posted an idiotic comment. You were giving example base on your own experience, who gives a ** about you have no trouble going to Osaka. Business trip my @ss

The guy WAS ASKING FOR TOKYO TOY STORES!

Moron

There is a massive one that was 5 levels high and the 5th floor was all high end stuff Hot Toys/Sideshow/Enterbay.
But I’m not much help because I can’t remember the name, sorry! (Was 2014)

Edit: I tried googling because I remember it was in Ginza and I think I found it: Hakuhinkan Toy Park
https://www.hakuhinkan.co.jp/guide_en.html

Also Hot Toys have their flagship store in Tokyo:
https://www.toysapiens.jp/english/

Nakano Broadway Mandarake....about 10 minutes from Shinjuku.

PM me if you need any more specifics.

It was you who posted an idiotic comment. You were giving example base on your own experience, who gives a ** about you have no trouble going to Osaka. Business trip my @ss

The guy WAS ASKING FOR TOKYO TOY STORES!

Moron

Life must be really lonely for you...living in your Mother's basement and all..."you were giving example base..." If you're going to insult people at least do it without insulting the English language too...what did it ever do to you?

There is an entire area called Akihabara....

I can list the stores , but once your there you will find a dozen more....

Start with Mandarake , that’s the best, Akiba zone, and Yellow Submarine....

Then just wander around.

Hot Toys Premier store in way off in Harajuku, but worth the visit, the walk from the station to the store is about 10 minutes, but it goes through a neat shopping area with lots of Otaku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! Unfortunately, my trip will only be in Tokyo, but Osaka and Hiroshima are on my list for next time!

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but i plan on visiting Tokyo next year. Are there any good shops for 1/6 stuffs? I'm not really looking for new boxed figures, as they are too bulky to bring home. Maybe 2nd hand loose figures, but mainly parts, bodies, heads, clothing sets, etc. I found some good places in Hong Kong, and was looking for similar in Tokyo. I already plan to go to places like Mandarake and Akihabara. I also want to do the usual touristy stuff, so my shopping time is limited. Any help appreciated.

Mandarake in Shibuya and Akihabara are musts.
Walk around Akihabara and duck in some shops both on the Main Street and the side streets.
Nakano Broadway is also a must. Go on the weekend as quite a few shops are closed weekdays.
Of course you’ll hit up Toy Sapiens in Meijijingu.
If possible, check out some online shops if you can get things mailed to you in Tokyo. You can often find good deals with online shops or auctions. You might need to type in the Japanese for the figure. If it’s Hot Toys, you can pretty easily get the Japanese by copying the name off of the Toy Sapiens page and then pasting it in the search engine. Google translate should help with the rest.

Don't forget to check amazon japan for some great deals too. You might be able to set up an account and have them ship to your hotel room or something.

Thanks for replying. I will definitely check out Nakano Broadway, as i hear their prices are generally lower than touristy Akihabara.

I'd prefer Nakano Broadway over Akihabara. However, I won't buy Hot Toys in Japan. They're generally more expensive unless you live in the west (which you can't find things easily anyway) and the item is a 2nd hand/ damaged. Carefully checking/ having knowledge about the item is a must though.
In JP, I prefer native JP products such as Medicom/ figures/ vinyl items since they're mostly cheaper and finding rare item is much easier. Volks building near Akihabara Electric Town exit is also a good place to buy rare/ 1st hand items as there're often large varieties there.

Why are HT products more expensive in Japan? I mean Tokyo isn't a cheap city, but at least with distribution costs being lower, you'd think it would balance things out. So I take it, shopping of any kind is going to be more expensive in Japan?

I would say Toy Sapians is a must. Its a bit out of the way, but overall you wont see more HT products on display anywhere else.

For actual shopping Mandarake was by far the best store for deals....

When I say deals, I mean paying usual price, because after a day of shopping I never found anything close to a deal in all of Tokyo.

Its a ton of fun window shopping thou.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back in the day, Amazon Japan used to stock just about all non exclusive Hot Toys figures. If you didn’t mind gambling by being patient, figures could be had for 30-45% off (Japanese) MSRP with a fair amount of regularity. Sadly, this is no longer the case.

Also, Hot Toys in Japan are way more expensive than if bought in USA. Probably due to high tariffs but I’m not 100% sure. You’re definitely better off going after Japanese based company product here. You can still get great deals in shops and online (including Amazon) if you look around.

Back