Bringing hot toys figures on the plane?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Negnoodles

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this before?

If I were to buy some HT figures from another country and I wish to bring it back with me when I go back home, how do I proceed with this? Do you guys normally just bring the figures with you? Or do you have it checked in as a luggage? I'm asking because I bought a 1/4 MK45 from hot toys and I am not sure if I am able to just bring the box and the figure on the plane as carry ons, or will I be forced to have them checked in as an actual luggage?

I brought about 15 Hot Toys in my carry on including some diecast ironman figures and had no issue. They were curious as to what was in there when it went through the luggage scanner but thats it.

I brought about 15 Hot Toys in my carry on including some diecast ironman figures and had no issue. They were curious as to what was in there when it went through the luggage scanner but thats it.

What if its massive like a 1/4 MK 45, or say a hulkbuster? THose are massive, and I really really really don't trust the airlines to take care of my checked in baggages, but I don't want to spend a fortun on shipping.

For 1/6 I can understand to a certain extent since they are not that big, but the 1/4 is quite heavy and big, so I am not sure if they're really okay, because I plan to bring them in their boxes, and not take out the figure and stuff it in my carry on luggage

What if its massive like a 1/4 MK 45, or say a hulkbuster? THose are massive, and I really really really don't trust the airlines to take care of my checked in baggages, but I don't want to spend a fortun on shipping.

For 1/6 I can understand to a certain extent since they are not that big, but the 1/4 is quite heavy and big, so I am not sure if they're really okay, because I plan to bring them in their boxes, and not take out the figure and stuff it in my carry on luggage

My friend that I was with actually had a hulkbuster in the box inside another box. Sadly it was too large for a carryon so he had to check it in. It was a flight from Japan to Hawaii and the box was in perfect condition when we got it back. I'd say just pad them really well in a box and theyll be fine based on my experience.

My friend that I was with actually had a hulkbuster in the box inside another box. Sadly it was too large for a carryon so he had to check it in. It was a flight from Japan to Hawaii and the box was in perfect condition when we got it back. I'd say just pad them really well in a box and theyll be fine based on my experience.

THanks for the info, but how dd he pad it? THe HT box that came with the hulkbuster box was just the right size, so I am not sure how can I add extra padding?

Bubble wrap around the outside. As long as the contents are secure internally you should be right.

If you're really worried buy a hard case for your luggage (it'll serve you well in the future anyway).

no issues checking in luggage as long as you know what you are doing. wrap fragile stuffs like cups with towel or shirts and stuff socks inside. for Hot Toys stuffs they are packed quite well inside so your only worries are the boxes just wrap them up with shirts and make sure the corners are extra padded and make sure the luggage closes properly.

however with Hot Toys boxes nowadays, i doubt you can bring in 15 HT boxed figures on hand carry. i mean to put in 15 Boxed HT you need a really big carton box. 15 loose figures is possible though.

Bubble wrap around the outside. As long as the contents are secure internally you should be right.

If you're really worried buy a hard case for your luggage (it'll serve you well in the future anyway).

i think you can at most put 2 standard HT boxes inside a luggage. you can technically put in 4 or 5 if you can get those extra thick luggages.

for statues, i would be more worried since they are weaker against shocks from being thrown and yes it's normal for luggage handlers to toss luggages around.

I don't think an Iron Man would be much of an issue as long as it's packed well, but don't carry any figures that have firearm accessories. I flew once with 1/6 Stormtrooper figure years ago and they confiscated his tiny blaster. It was equally funny and just sad at how stupid the system can be sometimes.

I can completely get it if it looks like a real firearm (i.e traveling with a Transformers Megatron) but this was around 2.5"-3" long.

Now, let's see how well the 'Sarcasm Detector' works with some people...

If someone does not trust the airlines with boxes in luggage, they should do what the factories, the distributors, the retailers etc do:
They assign a courier to every box, who then personally delivers it to every recipient along the way - from factory to trucks, ports, customs, warehouses, retailers, consumers.
So if you ever wonder how we get all the stuff we get - That's how EVERYTHING in the world is being delivered, including delicate, fragile, and otherwise sensitive items. Personal courier.
Freight, cargo, airlines - It's all just a myth.
Yep.

*...Face palm...*

Back