Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586
    Chief Defender of Faith
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

After 15 years of ordering through Sideshow, I finally received a damaged box. It appears to have been rod that punctured all three boxes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3955.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	464555

Since the object entered the figure box from the back, the figure was left unharmed.

I'm corresponding with a rep from Sideshow now... sending the above picture to them. Not sure how Sideshow will respond to this. The rep hinted at the fact that since the figure was undamaged that I might just have to live with the box damage.

Has anyone else experienced something like this in the past with Sideshow. What can I reasonably expect from Sideshow?
    Last edited by Protozaius; 08-19-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "Beware the Beast Man, for He is the Devil's Pawn..."- 29th Scroll, 6th Verse

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Hey everyone so here?s my video review of count Dooku : https://youtu.be/csKnUghLCKg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Protozaius View Post
    After 15 years of ordering through Sideshow, I finally received a damaged box. It appears to have been rod that punctured all three boxes.

Since the object entered the figure box from the back, the figure was left unharmed.

I'm corresponding with a rep from Sideshow now... sending the above picture to them. Not sure how Sideshow will respond to this. The rep hinted at the fact that since the figure was undamaged that I might just have to live with the box damage.

Has anyone else experienced something like this in the past with Sideshow. What can I reasonably expect from Sideshow?
    I would want replacement. It's collectible figure, it's written on the box, they know it, it's value without a pristine box is lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Protozaius View Post

I'm waiting for a response regarding the same issue on a different figure.
    "He's not my Luke Skywalker" Mark HamillHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Futurion View Post
    I would want replacement. It's collectible figure, it's written on the box, they know it, it's value without a pristine box is lower.
    They would surely get returns with QC problems on figures. Therefore there must be spare boxes they can swap out for you.

I guess it's up to you how much you want it replaced and how much you press for one. They will always suggest "living with it" to see if they can get away with minimal work/hassle on their end.

SS can probably claim damage with UPS or whoever with pics like that as well. But it's all extra work for them, which I guess they will want to avoid if possible.
    WANT : 1/6 Tusken Raider & Dewback for a decent price. PM me.
    Hidden Content