recommendation on a decent sanding stick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emory boards are what I use. Or take the sand paper you like and glue them to popsicle sticks or something similar.

If I need an actual stick I usually use a popsicle stick and 3m sanding paper.

I've had mixed luck with the ones I've tried. Any recommended ones out there. Decent to high grit?

Thanks

Like Robbie said, use popsicle sticks.
What i do is get a few rolls of 3M sandpaper. The ones that are about 6" high and about 3 metres of paper.
Roll out a sheet, sandpaper down and weight it. Then place some strips of double sided carpet tape along the width, and then place popsicle sticks side by side on the carpet tape. I usually make a few at a time. Maybe 20. If the popsicle sticks are close enough, there's barely any gap, and all you do is run a scalpel blade down between them to cut them apart. I have sticks like this on my bench at work in stryofoam cups in about 15 different grades. Handy for loads of applications.
You can also carpet tape sandpaper to metal rulers to make gigantic sanding sticks in really heavy grit levels.

Back