Optibotimus Reviews Sideshow Collectibles DAREDEVIL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The review? or the figure?
Both.

Proportions are awful, head's too big and the sculpt got flattened during casting. Facepaint is almost nonexistent and looks dated, which brings down the sculpt.
And sayin' that loose (most likely broken) legs isn't a deal breaker is pure madness considering the fact that Sideshow asks Hot Toys prices for these.

I must be the only person who thinks this looks miles better than the Hot Toys one (which also has very odd proportions, both in the headsculpt, and the body).

No one compares them tho.
HT's figure is far from great but it's also too different from a comic book inspired design.

You're right there...
I guess one of the reasons I like this one, is that it's not based on a real person, it's a comic "interpretation. I just don't think the HT one is a particularly good representation of the TV Character/actor, or the Daredevil character in general... but I do like the show.

This suit is pretty terrible in its own right. Can't get over that bib look and the awful d knee pads and boots. The HT netflix figure isn't perfect, but it's still a solid figure imo. The season 1 netflix mask was pretty bad, but I think the s2 helmet was a big improvement. He could stand to be more red in the show, but that's not hot toys fault.

This sideshow thing though...I think they could have kept it closer to a comic design while still adding their own twist. They took it a bit too far imo. I think wolverine was good example of their design not interfering with what we expect out of a comic wolverine.

Yeah I dont understand that bib look, it looks horrible now and Im sure it looked horrible in the initial sketches yet was still given the green light.

Back