STAR WARS favorite Character & Why? Favorite Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: STAR WARS favorite Character & Why? Favorite Figure?

My favorite character had always been the Scout Trooper. The Speeder Bike scene was awesome, and they look so damn cool! And now I am one, having built the costume. :Yes

Favorite figure however is the Sideshow Probe Droid. That thing is just amazing, and the first 1/6 scale item I ever bought.

My favorite character has to be Chewbacca. He would be the best partner to have by your side. I love his design I think I liked the way he looked in the force awakens the most even though he looks a lot younger I just think his colors look better and his bowcaster is just badass. The only Star Wars figures I have right now are Tarkin and Commander Cody. I have episodes 6 and 8 Luke, Palpatine, ep.5 Vader, ep. 8 Rey, mythos Obi Wan, and Anakin all on pre order. I think ep. 6 Jedi Luke will be my favorite I love that outfit. I also hope they make a Darth Nihilus 1/6 figure some day.

Darth Maul. Love his design, costume, lightsaber!!!! His whole vibe and character was boss. LFL really messed up on not keeping throughout the PT. They knew it they had to revive him in the tv shows. I'm a huge fan of him, i have my dedicated shrine of collectibles.

It's always been Luke. When I was a kid I was so fascinated by Jedi and loved how awesome Luke was in RotJ.

My favorite figure at the moment is probably the deluxe Jyn. I'm sure it will be Jedi Luke once I have him. :p

PT - Dooku
OT - C3PO
ST - No One

Why - Because

My favorite character is Han Solo! He has been ever since I first saw the movie back in 1977. But I think my admiration for the character strengthened after ESB. The character was much better developed, and he became a true “hero” in ESB, doing everything he could to keep Leia safe. Honestly I guess he seemed more of the hero to me, since he always seemed to come to the rescue for his friends. Also, something about him being an outsider appealed to me, made him a bit more relatable to me.

Then a year later Raiders came out, and it solidified my fandom for Ford. My collection now focuses on Ford characters, basically Han and Indy since they’re the most widely available. I have the bootleg Deckard and plan on maybe getting the new SMT old Deckard coming soon. And I plan on getting any HT Han figure that comes out.

I have to say that I love Ray too! I think the character is great! I love how capable and self reliant she is. I like how excitable she can get (“I bypassed the compressor!”). I like how feisty she is (annoyed at Finn trying to hold her hand, “we need a pilot!”“we’ve got one!”, asking Finn for the tape “no, the one I’m pointing to!”). I like how she is emotionally vulnerable, with a loneliness and a need to belong. Watching her scenes with Han were fantastic and it was so sad to see that relationship end so quickly. I think she’s great and I’ve been enjoying watching her journey.

As for my favorite figure, I didn’t think I’d say this, but I think it’s got to be the Sideshow Hoth Han. I’ve always loved that look and I think SS did a good job for the most part. The set is pretty good, with the binoculars and the cool ass scanner! Of course the head came out bad with that new eye system they were playing with, although I think the sculpt wasn’t 100% either which is rare for a Trevor Grove sculpt. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to Hot Toys tackling Hoth and Bespin Han hopefully in the near future!

I have several favorites in the OT. But two of my most favorites are Luke & R2-D2.

Why?

Because Star Wars was mainly created to tell Luke's story about his journey and transformation from a young farm boy to a Jedi Knight. R2-D2 because everybody needed him and he was always there to help save the day. R2 is the only character who appeared in all movies and who's appearance didn't change. From EP 1 to EP 8 (and 9), he still looked the same. The only changes were his weathered/dirty looks.

In the villains, I like the Biker Scout, Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper and Boba Fett. Why? Because they just look bad-ass, in which none of the Clone troopers or the new Disney troopers are alike in terms of appearance impact. Clone troopers to me look lame. Disney troopers to me look like Donald Duck in a stormtrooper's suit.

Favorite figure: HT R2-D2. Why? Because he's the best R2 made in 1/6th scale (although many will protest). Some may like the Tama R2 better but comparing them side by side, I still think the HT is more movie accurate to my judgment.

Yoda. Hands down. I just love how secretly badass he is.

I’ve always been a Luke Skywalker fan. My favorite look of the character is his Bespin design. I always thought his growth in ESB was done really well.

Since his first appearance in SW thru R1 always and forever Vader.

Feel no need to change or explain :)

My favorite character is Han Solo! He has been ever since I first saw the movie back in 1977. But I think my admiration for the character strengthened after ESB. The character was much better developed, and he became a true “hero” in ESB, doing everything he could to keep Leia safe. Honestly I guess he seemed more of the hero to me, since he always seemed to come to the rescue for his friends. Also, something about him being an outsider appealed to me, made him a bit more relatable to me.

Then a year later Raiders came out, and it solidified my fandom for Ford. My collection now focuses on Ford characters, basically Han and Indy since they’re the most widely available. I have the bootleg Deckard and plan on maybe getting the new SMT old Deckard coming soon. And I plan on getting any HT Han figure that comes out.

I have to say that I love Ray too! I think the character is great! I love how capable and self reliant she is. I like how excitable she can get (“I bypassed the compressor!”). I like how feisty she is (annoyed at Finn trying to hold her hand, “we need a pilot!”“we’ve got one!”, asking Finn for the tape “no, the one I’m pointing to!”). I like how she is emotionally vulnerable, with a loneliness and a need to belong. Watching her scenes with Han were fantastic and it was so sad to see that relationship end so quickly. I think she’s great and I’ve been enjoying watching her journey.

As for my favorite figure, I didn’t think I’d say this, but I think it’s got to be the Sideshow Hoth Han. I’ve always loved that look and I think SS did a good job for the most part. The set is pretty good, with the binoculars and the cool ass scanner! Of course the head came out bad with that new eye system they were playing with, although I think the sculpt wasn’t 100% either which is rare for a Trevor Grove sculpt. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to Hot Toys tackling Hoth and Bespin Han hopefully in the near future!

Great post! :clap

My favorite is Han as well but Luke and Vader are *so* close behind.

Favorite design/figure would be Fett though and right now the new ROTJ Fett PF is the prize of my collection.

Favorite non-OT character is Jyn by far, followed by K-2 and then Rey/Kylo. Jyn might be the most heroic character in the Saga for me as her entire life after her mother was shot basically sucked but she still gave her life for the cause even with no hope of all the things she lost being restored.

Favorite character is pretty easy for me: Yoda. I dig everything about OT Yoda. What the character represents, his personality, his mastery of the Force, being isolated on a swamp planet, little green dude with cool facial design, his voice . . . everything. And all these years later, I still marvel at the puppet work in his first scene. When he digs through Luke's stuff, I still keep thinking: "How'd they do that?" And I still laugh when he smacks Artoo with his cane. I can't count how many times I've watched ESB, and I'll never tire of Yoda. Luke and Vader would be tied for second.

As far as favorite figure, it's a little tougher. Probably Tamashii Threepio if we're limiting it to 1/6 scale figures, with HT Chewbacca (New Hope version) being a close second. If we expand it to 3 3/4" figures, then it would be about a 20-way tie from among the original Kenner figs. :lol If I had to narrow it down to a couple of those (and even that would change constantly because I love 'em all), the Royal Guard and TIE-Fighter pilot stand out at this very moment.

Princess Leia, without question. She's a strong, independent woman surrounded by guys, and without her the Alliance wouldn't exist. I like that they also made her vulnerable too - some people confuse that as weakness but not me; it takes courage to be vulnerable. She's a true hero who wouldn't hesitate to give her own life and wouldn't ask anyone else to do something that she wouldn't herself.

My favorite figure is my Hot Toys Princess Leia in the original white dress. I'm hoping to have the money to get the Hoth Leia soon, so that favorite figure might change.

I also like Ahsoka Tano, I hope they make a figure of her. But there's no replacing Leia!

Luke. Leaving the life that he had on Tattooine, becoming wrapped up with an odd group of interstellar maniacs, realizing that the universe is greater than himself and ultimately overcoming his former self to save the ones that he loves. I greatly empathize with Luke's path.

favorite character was always han then chewie
i hated the ewoks and
was terrified of tarkin as a kid for some reason lol

my favorite figure hands down is the 1/6 hoth leia
they nailed it in every aspect
and coming full circle i actually love the tarkin one

sandtrooper..........:lecture

because stormtroopers are awesome and desert stormtroopers have back packs, cool gear, and ride big frickin lizards......:rock

hot toys sandtrooper/ssc dewback.

Favorite Chars: Luke, Kylo

Favorite figures: TFA Kylo, Bespin Luke, Jakku rey

Favorite overall character is Vader.

Favorite figure is now Tarkin.

Favorite design is a tough one but I know as a kid and to this day the Royal Guards have always been a stand out.

As a kid, my favorite character was Vader. I liked his armor, as I thought it was cool looking. I also liked how ultimately in the end, he chose his children (I say children being that he referenced Leia before he died and wanted to make sure she also knew of his final actions).

Favorite figure: Bespin Luke

Back