Statue Repair Company

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joogle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi - I need some assistance, I possibly may need to get an estimate for a company on cost to repair a statue. Fedex damaged a statue of mine sent to a buyer and by just being proactive, I wanted to see if someone here owns a company that does repairs or could point me to one.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!

I don't know of any companies, I do my own repairs but you would usually need to get a quote from some people that do that, usually sculptors and a few painters. One person I knew that did this stopped taking commission work as he was getting overloaded.

Another, more local, friend also does some repairs and may be able to quote you, Call Bobakhan Toys and ask for Sean, let him know Shaun sent you, (425) 258-3582

Hi - I need some assistance, I possibly may need to get an estimate for a company on cost to repair a statue. Fedex damaged a statue of mine sent to a buyer and by just being proactive, I wanted to see if someone here owns a company that does repairs or could point me to one.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!

It would be best to post pictures and describe the damage so we could give you the best advice

Superglue will be best for polystone because it is somewhat porous. You can also reinforce breaks by drilling small holes in the pieces and inserting a metal pin. Paperclips, coat hangers, and small nails work great. To fill the seam, use Aves, magic sculp, or just get some plumbers two part putty from the hardware store. Use acrylic paint to repaint the area and seal with a dull coat spray.

Epoxy sculpt or air dry sculpy work well for repairs on most polystone statues. Apoxy sculpt is a lot denser when it dries and is somewhat harder to work with but works well for smaller repairs.

What is good (name of brand) scuplting putty to use for small repairs / rebuilds of broken parts.

2 examples I have...
1) I need to remake the hinge / buckle on the satchel for SnakeEyes. Then paint it to match.
2630-snake-eyes-and-timber-003.jpg

2) I need to add some mass to a hole too large in the hand of my Morgul Lord. Right now is sword hilt sits too loosely and easily tips over and can fall out.
3000331_press01-001.jpg

I hear / know in general about / there are puttys for it...but when I go to the art supply store...there a several types and brands. I do not wish to muck up my pieces with the wrong materials.

Epoxy sculpt.

Or if you want to get really intricate (takes way more effort) you can mix glue and baby powder or glue and a sand medium, Polystone is just a powder/sand medium mixed with a polymer resin such as glue.

Back