DC’s The New Gods movie (possibly standalone) helmed by Ava DuVernay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ava DuVernay has come on board to direct DC’s New Gods based on the DC Comics series of the same name, and is aimed at creating a new universe of properties for the studio.

The New Gods are natives of the twin planets of New Genesis and Apokolips. New Genesis is an idyllic planet ruled by the Highfather, while Apokolips is a dystopia filled with machinery and fire pits ruled by the tyrant Darkseid. New Genesis and Apokolips call themselves gods, living outside of normal time and space in a realm known as the Fourth World.

Interestingly, it's said that The New Gods won't be tied to any of the other DC Films Universe movies so chances are we won't see Superman and Orion hanging out any time soon and if Darkseid does show up, it will be a different version than the one Steppenwolf was working for in Justice League.

In the wake of the box office under-performance of “Justice League,” Warner Bros. is re-organizing the DC film operations by promoting Walter Hamada to president of DC-based film production in an effort to exert more quality control over its big-screen efforts. Toby Emmerich, who was promoted in 2016 to president and chief content officer at Warner Bros., worked with Hamada at New Line, which he ran before moving over to the main studio.

Well with all the talk of her helming Star Wars she ended up with DC. This is definitely unexpected.

But the question is... can WB finally do right?

I have no confidence in this director. I can already sense WB wants this to be the next Black Panther. This will have nothing to do with Jack Kirby's creation and it will be "updated" (made politically correct).

WB seems truly lost. Just days after Ava what's her name disgraces beloved literary source material on the big screen WB signs her on to direct a big screen adaptation of their own beloved literary source material? They're out of their minds.

She said Big Barda’s her favorite comic book character a long time ago, so, she, at least, has some knowledge of the source material. The prospect of a New Gods movie excites me immensely, but the prospect of it being screwed up terrifies me.

She said Big Barda’s her favorite comic book character a long time ago, so, she, at least, has some knowledge of the source material.
Or she just read that on wikipedia, like most geeks and Hollywood folk nowadays.

New gods awesome I think it has potential , it was only a matter of time before they tapped in to this the dynamic between Orion and Dark side Highfather Scott free it's an amazing space opera . Just adapt the origin and the new 52 dark side war and we are good to go

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm calling it:

DC's New Gods with director Ava Duvernay starring Tyler Perry as Darkseid, Hillary Clinton as Granny Goodness, Zarna Joshi as Big Barda featuring music from Beyonce and Lady Gaga.

I'm so disappointed Bruce Timm never stepped up to the director's chair for a feature. Either Timm or Dini would make a DC feature that actually treats the source material with respect and they could deliver a story.

Interestingly, it's said that The New Gods won't be tied to any of the other DC Films Universe movies so chances are we won't see Superman and Orion hanging out any time soon and if Darkseid does show up, it will be a different version than the one Steppenwolf was working for in Justice League.

yNlQWRM.jpg

I don't understand why WB is so determined to have different versions of their characters in films. Not that I believe this will ever get made, but they could at least act like there is some cohesiveness to the films they have planned.

I'm so disappointed Bruce Timm never stepped up to the director's chair for a feature. Either Timm or Dini would make a DC feature that actually treats the source material with respect and they could deliver a story.

I dunno.....Bruce Timm, God Bless Him, seems to have lost his touch lately. The last couple animated films they've handled have been pretty lackluster IMO.
A Long Halloween animated would be cool.

You know...now that I think of it, if Justice League had been an animated film instead of live action/poor CGI film, it may actually have been passable.

I barely care about the New Gods, and if Superman isn't involved at all, my interest drops down into the negatives.

Back