Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
After the successful release of Anakin Skywalker, Hot Toys should be turning their attention to the OTHER trilogy of the Lucas Era of films.

Personally I think we will see a Hot Toys Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi displayed at this summer's Comic Con... if not already on pre-order by that time.

So what say all you non-Prequel haters?

ANY Hot Toys Jedi Knights/Masters would be welcome... but perhaps not this year.

Still, a Mace Windu would be awesome.

Dooku is a lock. Obi-Wan for sure. Probably Padme, Darth Sidious, Clonetroopers for sure but I don't think we'll be getting as deep of a lineup as SSC went. I have a feeling we'll be missing a bunch of Alien Jedi in leiu of multiple Anakins, Obi-Wans and Clones.

One would think Obi-Wan is a shoe in fairly soon now that the ball is rolling, but I’m not so sure when the others would come along.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if they did a RotS Vader fairly soon... Vader is easy money, and there’s not a ton of work to be done either. There’s a new one every year pretty much.

If it had the burnt Anakin head I may consider it too though it’s not my favourite design.

I agree that I’d love a Windu along with a Padme. Anything more is icing on the cake. I’d love to see some troopers, the prequel design for them was spectacular.

I do hope a bevy is incoming soon. Say what one might about the prequels, but the art design was stellar.

ANOTHER speculation thread?

tenor.gif

I’d say RotS Obi-Wan is a lock. Maul, Qui-Gon and AotC Dooku (basically PT exclusive characters) are also strong possibilities. Everything else to me is just a possibility.

Yoda and Palpatine I’d say likely not, being that they just released their OT counterparts.

Most of the main characters are virtual locks, not sure they'll give us Obi-Wan so soon but I can definitely see 1 or 2 at comic con, maybe Padme and Maul or something along those lines.

My guess I would say Obiwan ROTS and Count Dooku may be the closest PT figures that we could see this year. Others could be up for next following years.

I'm all in on troopers and any releases my Anakin is on the way so I want as many Jedi as they will let me have lol

Dooku is a lock. Obi-Wan for sure. Probably Padme, Darth Sidious, Clonetroopers for sure but I don't think we'll be getting as deep of a lineup as SSC went. I have a feeling we'll be missing a bunch of Alien Jedi in leiu of multiple Anakins, Obi-Wans and Clones.

This!

Guaranteed:
Obi-Wan
Darth Maul

In time:
Padme
Dooku

Oh yeah, clone troopers as well, given HT's infatuation with troopers. So I'd say for certain RotS Obi-Wan, since they did RotS Anakin. Extremely likely is Maul, Qui-Gon, AotC Dooku and some clone troopers.

Everything else to me is a mere possibility. But as The Mike said, I think they'll start doing duplicates of characters (AotC Anakin, AotC Obi-Wan, more troopers) before doing completely different characters.

Actually, I'll put AotC Padme in the extremely likely list in lieu of Qui-Gon.

Clone troopers are easy cash grab for Hot Toys, people would buy mutiple for army buiding. I just need Rex, Fives and Echoes phase II..may be Cody

Beside key characters, would love to see they tackle Jedi High Council members as well, younger Yoda with LS and Mace Windu is a must!

I think this year we'll probably see Dooku and or/ ROTS Obi-wan to go with the Anakin but I doubt anything else up for preorder this year. Next year is when I think we may see Padme, Windu and maybe a Qui-Gon and Darth Maul. I think we'll see Phantom Meance Obi-Wan before ATOC though as I see more collectors wanted to have a Duel of the Fates display than anything in ATOC. I also wouldn't count out Jango Fett as although not as popular as Boba has the same look and some collectors DO love that look enough to buy him.

I'm pretty sure that we will see this year an announcement of:

Maul
ROTS Obi
Qui Gon

Maybe Later...
Dooku
Padme
Some Clones...

ROTS Obi-wan, AOTC arena Padme, Maul, Jango Fett, Grievous, and some clone troops and I'll be happy.

Qui-Gon, Dooku, and Mace Windu would be nice too.

Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Dooku and some Clone Troopees are the only guaranteed purchases for me (providing they are done well, of course). They are also the ones I find most likely to be made.

I'd say that, unless prequel figure sales tank on the initial releases, Padme, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu and Jango Fett would all have to be highly likely. Grievous feels like he could go either way, given that he would have to be practically a 100℅ brand new sculpt with likely no re-used or re-usable parts, other than potentially his lightsabers.

Speaking of re-usable parts, a Revenge of the Sith Darth Vader, a lightsaber wielding Yoda, and possibly Darth Sidious/Palpatine all seem likely candidates at some point, particularly the first two.

I honestly can't see Hot Toys going any deeper into the prequels than that, at most. Still, who knows...

Im not so sure what is the different between Darth Sidious vs recent released Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious also ?

Unless you were refering to the deformed Sidious with High Chancellor outfit ?

Back