Mos Eisley diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brundledonk

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is another of Jay's amazing builds that I have been working on for a little while. I wasn't planning to post any pics until it was totally completed as I have never textured anything this big before and thought i would have to have a couple of goes at it.
But as it turned out it wasn't as bad a job to do as I thought so here we go.

Jason gave me a few cans of filler primer for plastic a while back so I gave the whole thing a good couple coats to serve as a base for the texture.

I base coated the door with NATO Brown and then Mixed up a red brown colour for the top coat based on screen grabs from the movie (more on this later) and airbrushed away.
1st pic is after one coat of NATO brown and the rest are after a top coat of my lighter mix

The surround was painted a buff colour and then drybrushed with ivory to give some depth

The colour changes a bit depending on the light but I felt it was pretty close

Screen grab

As I mentioned above its not finished yet and this is just a blank canvas now ready for me to add shade, highlight and weathering with the airbrush and may some washes and pigments ( i will see what it needs as I go along )

All well and good so far, but what's really strange is how much darker the door looks now. In hand it's not quite as dark as the pictures but it's definitely looking darker than it was before I added the filler.

May have to repaint it but I'll see how it looks outside in daylight first as there is no natural light down in the Petecave and the daylight lamps do play tricks on the eyes with colour sometimes, but it's really odd how much darker it is now.

Damn pixies getting at my workbench again. I bet if I leave out some bits of leather tonight there will be a tiny pair of shoes there in the morning :rotfl

Pete

Looks amazing!:clap

Are you guys still on target with the landspeeder for this year?

Looks amazing!:clap

Are you guys still on target with the landspeeder for this year?

:yess: if all goes to plan, I built this Mos Eisley Dio some time ago and just needed to swap out the lighting before sending over to Pete.
I've got three other SW commissions on the bench at the moment which shouldn't take too much longer, then it should be full steam ahead with the Speeder.
I also plan on getting the Bespin Gantry out this year, along with the Indy TLC Fireplace (which I'm planning on a resin cast as there'll be moving parts) so another very busy year ahead.

Jas

Looking flipping awesome Pete :clap

Thanks Jay, again it's a really cool build you have come up with here.

Going to get this finished up and then I'm going to have to start ripping out my front room ( Lisa's on my case lol ) im not looking forward to it as it's going to make a mess if I need to bring the ceiling down but it's got to be done.

Pete

Amazing! What did you use for the details of the door way, i.e. the "gold ingot" shaped details? Sculpted?

Cheers guys :hi5:

Got some more done to this, still need to do the base and I'll put some translucent coloured buttons in the door control panel

Back